17. Hidden.

When he is done too, we head downstairs. 'Good morning!' Clays mom says happily as she's making something in the kitchen. 'Good morning.' I say. 'Morning mom.' Clay says as she walks up to his way shorter mother and links his arm through hers as he looks down at what she's doing, making her smile. I smile and look away. Alyssa meets my eye with a smile 'how did you sleep?' He says. 'Your brother nearly kicked me out on accident.' I say as I sit down across from her. She snorts. 'You what?' Clays mom asks him. 'On accident!' He says in defense 'and nearly.' I add.

Everyone joins for breakfast and I look at the stack of toast and pancakes. Jesus that's a lot. 'What do you want?' Clay asks. 'Toast Please.' I say. He grabs the entire plate and moves it over. I take one off and he moves it back. 'So how did you sleep?' Diana asks, still looking sleepy. 'I slept alright.' I say back. She smiles with a nod. 'Clay behaved himself, right?' Clays dad asks. I quickly cover my mouth so I don't laugh as Clay calls out a 'what?!' Everyone at the table laughs 'he did.' I say. His dad nods, having ment the question. Clay goes quiet next to me, making me look at him. His face is flushed red, making me giggle. 'I heard form Clay that you know Nick as well.' Diana says. 'Yeah, funny coincidence.' I say. 'You've known him long?' She asks. 'Three years or so.' I say. She nods.

After breakfast we play a card game because it's raining out.

'You're loosing Clay.' I say teasingly. 'Shut up.' He mumbles as he concentrates before having to grab another card. Alyssa laughs 'he's such a bad loser. He'll be grumpy the rest of the day.' She says. 'Ahw, will you be grumpy?' I say as I nudge his side with my elbow. 'You're so annoying.' He says as he tries to hold back the smile. 'Hmm. Are you a sore loser, Clay?' I tease and nudge him again, making Alyssa and Tyler laugh. 'Stop! You're being annoying.' He says as he grabs my wrist to stop my poking. 'That's the point.' I say. My eyes go down to his big hand that easily wraps around my wrist and he quickly lets go.

I actually win, and Clay comes in last. Alyssa second and Tyler third.

'You totally lost that game.' I say while he drives us back. 'You're annoying.' He says as he keeps his eyes on the road. 'And you're a loser.' I say. He glances at me and lets out a sigh. 'I won, how does that make you feel Clay?' I ask to tease him even more. He lets out a deep breath as a smile appears on his face, lit by the sunlight that decided to come after the rain. 'I know what you're doing.' He says. 'Oh yeah?' I ask as I look his face over. The orange sunlight makes his lightly tanned skin look tanner and a few freckles pop up, which you normally can't really see. He green eyes meet mine for a second 'what?' He asks. 'What what?' I ask. 'What are you looking at?' He asks. 'The sunlight.' I say as I turn to look out the window. 'You were looking at me.' He says. 'You wish.' I say. He scoffs, laughing a little. He has hidden freckles.

I smile to myself as I look down at my hands.