45.

When we come back for breakfast, we both walk up to the door, but Clay stops and grabs my arm to stop me too before letting me go. I look at him before looking at where he's looking. Chase is about to ring the doorbell. He does and waits for an answer 'chase?' I ask. He turns around. 'What are you doing here?' I ask a little uncomfortable after what happened last time.

Clay doesn't look happy.

Chase glances at Clay as he walks up. 'I was looking for you, can we talk?' He asks. 'Go on ahead Clay,' I say. 'We should go for a walk.' I say to Chase. He nods in response and Clay gives me an annoyed look before heading inside. What is he so grumpy about.

We start to walk.
'So?' I ask to start to conversation, not wanting it to last too long. 'Do you find me attractive in any way? If so, could you please give me a chance.' He says. I sigh, expecting something like that. Don't make me turn you down twice. 'Listen Chase, you're a nice guy. And you don't look bad, but.... you're just not my type.' I say. 'You don't know that.' He says. 'I do.' I say. 'Come on, you haven't had a boyfriend since Liam.' He says. 'So?' I ask. 'Don't you want someone to spend time with. To go to dinner with? Someone to share your space and time.' He says. 'No.' I say firmly. 'You must want that at least a little.' He says. 'I don't need anyone.' I say as I stuff my hands into my jacket pockets. 'Then What about the guy you live with. He's there. He's around.' He says. 'He's my roommate.' I say. 'Sounds like a nice cover up.' He says. 'Don't pretend to know anything.' I say. 'Did Liam damage you so badly? Are you really so scared?' He asks.

I stop in my tracks. Not even having left my street yet.

'You don't know me. And I don't want to know you. Please leave me alone.' I say as I start to walk back to the house. He follows me, even though my steps are quick. 'I heard he came to Florida again. Just for you.' My heart freezes as I hesitate in my next step. 'Bullshit.' I say. 'It's not. He said so. It's said that he wants you back.' Chase says. 'There no way that's going to happen.' I say. Why do all the messed up and weird men want me now? What the hell happened. 'Then that's my problem, not yours.'  I say. He grabs my hand, stopping me from walking onto my driveway. 'I just wanted to ask before he arrives.' He says. 'And when will he arrive.' I ask annoyed. 'Today.' My mind stops. No. No he can't. Not just like this, not after all this time. I yank my hand away, mind overflowing with old memories. 'Just leave me alone.' I say as I want to turn to the house again. He grabs my arm now, more firmly. I flinch and turn back. I glare at him with tears in my eyes. Old scars on my heart having reopened. 'Give me a chance, I'll treat you better.' He says. His painful grip on my arm telling me otherwise.

The front door slams open behind me. Clay comes to a stop next to me, slapping away Chase's arm. 'Leave her alone.' He  says on a low tone as he steps a bit in front of me. I rub my arm where chase was holding, trying to numb the pain a little. 'Like I have to listen to you.' Chase says with a scoff. 'This is my house too. And you're on my law while I don't want you to, so fuck off.' Clay says. The first tear slips away, so I quickly wipe my eyes and grab clays wrist. I start to tug him back with me. He doesn't budge at first, but lets me lead him back after a bit.

I can't deal with all this. I can't see Liam. I don't want to hear anything else from Chase.

Clay closes the front door loudly.

'I think I need to leave the house for a while.'