12 come with.

'I'm heading out.' Clay says as he stands with his jacket on in the hall. 'Alright have fun.' I say. He walk out and closes the door behind himself. I'm reading at the dinner table as Clay goes off to his family for dinner. He seems happy, which makes me happy.

After not five minutes the front door opens, making me stand up in case of needing to run of fight someone. The door opens and Clay pops his head in with a shy smile. I give him a confused look. 'They asked if you wanted to join.' He says. 'Just now? You already left.' I say. 'They want to know how I'm living with.' He says. I give him a look 'Come on, if you like me you like them, we're practically all the same.' He says. 'Funny.' I say as I go back to reading. 'Please? I turned the car around to get you.' He says. 'Do they really want me to?' I ask as I keep my eyes on the page. 'Yes they do. My sisters keep bugging me about it too.' He says. 'We're not in a relationship, why would I meet your parents and siblings?' I ask. 'Didn't your mom want to know who I was?' He asks back in defense. 'She did.' I answer. 'Same thing, come on.' He says as he goes back into the hall. I sigh and put my book down.

When I open the door to the hall I see Clay standing there with my jacket in his hands. He holds it open so I can put it on. 'Thanks.' I say as I move on to my shoes.

It's raining hard when we're in the car, making me smile. 'What are you smiling about?' Clay asks. I turn to him 'Hmm?' I was too lost in thought to hear what he said. 'What got you smiling?' He asks again. 'I like rain.' I say. 'Really?' He asks. I nod and turn to look out the window again. 'You're not cold?' He asks. People from Florida can't really handle cold. 'Do you know how hot it is for this time of the year?' I ask. 'It's normal.' He says. 'For you it is.' I mumble. 'What do you mean?' I turn to look at him and he glances at me, unable to look for a longer time because he's driving. 'I miss the snow.' I say. He gives me a weird look 'snow?' I nod again. 'Stop pouting like a kid and tell me.' He says with a laugh. 'I'm not American.' I say. 'Fake American.' He says. I look at him, surprised he remembered the joke my sister made weeks ago. 'Yes.' I say. 'So you're really not from here?' He asks. 'No I'm from the Netherlands.' I say. He seems surprised 'really?!' He asks. I nod 'born and raised.' He stutters and he switches from looking from the road to me. 'How?!' I laugh at his reaction 'what do you mean how?! I was born there, and I live here. Tada.' He wheezes 'tada?' I let out a breath, trying to hold my laugh as he laughs his ass off. 'But like, how, how do you not hear You're Dutch?' He asks. 'I have a master degree in English from Cambridge.' I say. 'You what?!' He says even more surprised. I laugh a little 'made it easier to move here.' I say. 'Woman- you....' he catches his breath as I raise my eyebrow. He shakes his head before letting the conversation go.

We arrive at the house 'do you have a big family?' I ask. 'Three siblings and my parents.' He says as he takes his seatbelt off 'Jesus.' I say as I do the same. 'No worries though, they're alright.' He says. 'If you say so.'