| S I X T Y - F O U R |

When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.

***

Indoor Badminton Court 

Manik and Nandini entered the badminton court , dressed in the appropriate outfit to play . Manik looked at the various court and people playing there , he looked at Nandini with an confused expression as if asking why she brought him here . 

Nandini smiled at him and said " I always come here to relive my feelings when I am in a bad or worst mood . It works for me . Just try it . "

She said passing him one of the racket she held and also passed him the shuttlecock . He looked at her understanding her but thinking about something he said " But your wound..."

" It's fine . Come on let's play . " Nandini said with a smile , Manik nodded at her and moved towards other side . The start of the game was much slow as Manik was in a slight mood to take care of Nandini's wound , but as they got in pace Manik started to hit the shots with great strength , remembering everything that happened in two days and in past with his father , his family , his sister , Mukti , how he displeased her , everything started coming infront of his mind and he started using that memory to hit the shuttlecock hardly . 

Nandini too didn't loose the pace , she knew Manik needed this , though she had forced Manik to go with her to his house , but  she didn't knew the things in the past , so she decided it would be the best if Manik let it out . 

As Manik was servicing he remembered how Mukti said about she doesn't know him and he is not her brother now , made him distracted and the shuttle that Nandini hit towards him made an contact with his forehead slightly hard . Nandini ran towards him as he got hit . 

" Are you okay ? "  Nandini asked him as she reached near him , observing the place where he got hit . 

" I am okay . "  Manik said rubbing the spot slightly and then looked at her with smile and said " I am fine . " 

 Nandini didn't agreed with his double confirmation as her whole concentration was on the the place he got hit and she said " It got red . " 

" I am fine , come let's have a seat , you must have got tired . "  Manik said to her , she nodded at him and he held her hand from his free moving towards the stand to have a seat . 

" Are you sure you fine ? " Nandini asked again , he looked and her and gripped her hand tighter reassuring her that he is fine . 

They took their seats on the stands , where Manik dabbed his sweaty cheeks with the hand towel while Nandini passed him the water bottle and also taking her to have a sip . 

" Thank you . "   Manik said taking the water bottle from her she looked at him with a smile and said " You are welcome ."  As she thought he is thanking her for the water bottle , but he looked at her and with pure sincerity and love saying " Thank you for  accepting me . " 

Nandini looked at him with a sight of astonishment and said " You are getting better at saying sweet words .  You are not cool anymore . "  

 She teased , Manik looked at her with raised brow and asked " Do you like my coldness ? "

Nandini looked at him  with slight flushed face and then averting her gaze from him she said " Yes , I like you to be cool and a little monster to everyone but me . "

 Manik smiled at her straight forward confession and made a note of this in his mind . Looking forward he sighed and asked "Did it bother you to visit my home today ? "