| F I F T Y - T H R E E |

A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend,

 one human soul whom we can trust utterly, 

who knows the best and worst of us,

 and who loves us in spite of all our faults.

***

Next Day 

Aurora Healthcare

Manik was going through some files near the window of his cabin when Neha entered the cabin with an envelope in her hands. She came near his table and said " Dr.Manik , there is a letter for you . "

Still engrossed in the work Manik said " Keep it on the table."

Neha nodded and kept the letter on the table above some files and then went to her desk to work . He was still reading some files when he saw Ajay entering the cabin . He saw him and said " Dr. Ajay , you came just in time . Come here . " 

Ajay nodded at him and came near table , while Manik moved near the table with his eyes still stuck on the file and in the other hand he had some report files . Manik kept the files on the table and told him " Give these files to the director . These are the medical reports he called for ."

" Okay " Ajay said and he picked the files that Manik kept , in the process of picking the files the letter that came for Manik to got in between the files . But there was a small note on the letter which was careselly stuck on the letter dropped down on the floor . Manik settled down on his chair and started working on some other files as Ajay left . 

----

Taking a little break from his work , Manik relaxed back on his chair and picked his phone . He went to his messages and saw Nandini's chat on the top . He smiled and clicked her chats and typed her a message .

Manik - Do you want to have lunch together 💖?

He waited for her reply as she received the message , and within no seconds she replied him back .

Nandini- Busy with the orders , Can't make it . Sorry 🥺.

He smiled lightly and messaged her back saying it's okay . She gave him an smiley emoji , while he scrolled the chats above he had with her . He was smiling looking at the chats that he didn't knew when Vibha came and stood infront of his table.

" what are you reading ? " She asked him with a curious look .   He looked at her and kept her phone aside while he read the article he was reading on breast cancer . 

" Nothing much . Anything wrong ? " he asked her . 

" Can't I come to you when I am free? " She asked him with a smile and then continued " Come let's have lunch together . " 

Manik look at her and then at the article and said " You go first , I have things to deal with . " 

" Okay then I will wait until you finish your work ." Veebha said and settled down on the chair , while Manik just stared at her like telling her to leave him for some time . 

" What happened ? " She asked him , he nodded in nothing and diverted his attention back to the computer screen . 

" Dr Manik , Director is looking for you . " Ajay said coming inside the cabin .

" Anything wrong ? " He asked Ajay . 

" I don't know , but he looked unhappy ." Ajay said , Manik got up from his chair immediately and said " I will go and see him first ."