| T W E N T Y - F O U R |

Falling in love with someone's thought , is indirectly falling in love with their souls . 

***

Nandini and Manik were sitting infront of Nandini's parent  nervously , they were playing with their fingers nervous that now this was the final task to face her parents , to face the person's for whom Nandini decided to fake a relationship .  Nandini was feeling a bit tensed more for Manik as he has to act perfectly now , but little did she know he is not acting infront of her from the time they got into a fake  relationship . 

Abhishek and Pragya were looking at Nandini and Dr.Manik her boyfriend as they were told , smiling at them , they could feel their nervousness and they thought it's because of them meeting each other . But they can't help it , Nandini was their only daughter so they have to make everything clear . 

" Dr.Manik ? How long have you been with Nandini ? " Pragya asked bluntly but with a smile , she doesn't like to beat around bush when the topic is related to her daughter . 

Manik looked stunned at her blunt question , but never the less smiled at Pragya and opened his mouth to say something but it only looked like a fish who was gaping for air in water and then rubbed his nape and looked slightly at Nandini who was already looking at him and with an absolute low voice asked her " How long? "  

Nandini looked at him and she mentally shouted at herself for not being a bit prepared for all this and giggling looking at her mother and then at Manik again and said " Jaan , how can you forget it again ? " 

Manik's heart fluttered listening her calling him jaan , but he know she is just acting and smiled at her to continue herself " We have been together for more than half a month . "  Manik was looking at her smiling when she was telling all this . 

" Yeah , right , More than half a month ." Manik said like he remembered it and chuckling said to her parents . 

" More than half a month , isn't it the time when Nandini had her operation . So you have been together since then ?" Abhishek said as he remembered the time when Nandini had her operation , his  voice truly had a hint of surprise and amusement . Manik thought he would find it difficult dealing with Abhishek but it was totally opposite her mother was more strict when it comes to her .  

Pragya faked cough looking at her husband's excitement which immediately made him sit back straight . Manik had a smile looking at Abhishek's excitement and Nandini too hide her smile .  

Before Pragya could ask something Manik's phone rang , manik looked at the caller id and saw it was from the college , he excused himself from the family and Pragya's strict mask fell down relaxing herself . 

" Mum , Dad , what are you both doing ? "  Nandini asked glaring them a little . 

" Interrogation ." Pragya bluntly said at her daughter's question .  Nandini looked at her with a serious expression which made Pragya sigh and she said " Nandu , this is the first time we are meeting Dr.Manik as your boyfriend , we need to know everything about him and you." 

" You already know , I told you both ." Nandini said looking at them and that's when Abhishek finally joined in the conversation and said " Ahh Nandu , your mum took your relationship quite seriously and she needs to know everything about you two . " 

" Ahh Leave that , Nandu ,  he is taking classes. Is he still a student ? " Pragya asked her daughter as before Manik had left the premises they heard him talking about switching some classes .

 " No . He is a guest professor in SPACE university in the medical science department ." Nandini answered her mother's question with a smile as her thoughts drifted to the day when he took her to the university for selling her goods .