| F I F T Y - E I G H T |

She wonders if this is what people call falling in love, 

The desire to be with someone for every minute of the rest of her life so strong that sometimes she is frightened of herself.

***

Nandini's Apartment

Nandini was surfing through some tv channels sitting in the living room in her night pajamas. She was much bored and was not feeling to work and hence she decided watching something but the tv programs were as usual boring her more . With a sigh she switched off the TV and was going to open her laptop to work when her apartment's bell rang . 

She looked at the time and saw it was nearly nine and got confused that who would be at this time . She moved towards the door and opened it revealing Manik stood infront of her with a embarrassed expression with Ruhi beside her and her luggage in his other hand . 

" May we come in ? " Manik asked Nandini as she opened the door , like she was a teacher and he needed to ask permission to enter . 

" Please come in . " Nandini said gesturing both of them inside . Manik nudged Ruhi to walk in , while they walked in Ruhi started observing the home around while Manik just passed a smile at her . 

Nandini closed the door as they entered and then she moved and stood infornt of them with an confused expression . Manik looked at her expression and knew she was confused and hence he said " Ruhi is allergic to cat hair, so she doesn't seem to be able to live in my house anymore . I wonder if it's convenient for you."

Nandini looked at him and then at Ruhi and said " I am alright as long as Ruhi is okay with this . "  

Manik grinned at Nandini and then scooted down till ruhi's height and asked her " Ruhi , would you live at Sister Nandini's house ? " 

Ruhi registered Manik's question and looped her arm onhis shoulder and said " Wherever my boyfriend uncle is , I will be there . " 

Nandini chuckled at her answer while Manik looked at Ruhi with little nervous state and said " Ruhi , It's not convenient for uncle . You just go and sleep with sister Nandini. " 

Manik explained her but Ruhi being Ruhi she just sticked her cheek with Manik's and said " Then I won't stay . " 

Nandini who observed their interaction chuckling a bit she looked at Manik , playing with her hair lightly she said " then why don't you live here too ? " 

" Is it convenient ? " Manik asked her . As soon as Manik asked this Nandini replied without any delay saying " What's the inconvenience ? But you just have to sleep on the sofa ." She said with a chuckle . 

Manik looked at her and then at Ruhi with a smile and said " Okay ."

----

Nandini made Ruhi settled on her bed after making her change and freshen up . Ruhi was looking at her bedroom and saw how well Nandini decorated it with star fairy lights and also some stuff monsters , cats , and teddy's .

Nandini came near Ruhi and forwarded her a teddy saying " Let this sleep with you . " 

Ruhi pouted as keeping the teddy in her lap and said to Nandini " I am six years old , sister . " She showed Nandini her six fingers telling her age and continued " I am not a kid anymore . " 

And saying this she gave the teddy back to Nandini just looked at her with an open mouth thinking what to say this little girl now . She just gave Ruhi a dry chuckle and looked around her bed as it had many stuffs , so she just picked her tablet and said to Ruhi " So you can play with sister's tablet ."