| F O R T Y - F I V E |

Meeting you was fate.

Becoming your friend was a choice.

But falling in love with you I had no control over

***

Manik was driving Nandini back to her home with a sincere smile on his face as he was feeling that his chances to be with nandini are just increasing . And secondly today she called him Manik only Manik not assigned him with the doctor tittle. 

While Nandini settled in the passenger seat was glancing at manik time to time , she don't know what is happening to her but she likes being with him . The way he make her smile no one did . 

" Manik . " She called him , manik  looked at her and hummed telling her to continue . 

" You are so smart and intelligent , so let me ask you a question and see if you can answer it or not . " Nandini said in excitement . 

Manik chuckled at her excitement and said " Ask ."

" Why is the sea blue ? " She asked in much excitement like a child . Manik though was going to give the scientific reply but before he should say Nandini with an excitement filled voice said " Because there are fishes in the sea and fishes make bubbles ." 

" Blue , Blue , blue ." Nandini said in a sing song manner . Manik heard her joke and just drove with a tight lipped face . 

Nandini saw that Manik didn't reacted on it she sat straight with a pout , Manik glanced at her and saw her pout which made him a little sad and he gave a fake chuckle for her joke . She smiled at his chuckle and asked " It was a bad joke , right ? " 

 Manik gulped a bit and lied " No , it's funny .  I take a little while to grasp it . Blue , Blue , Blue . " 

Nandini chuckled at him as he said blue , as she knows he is just telling this to make her feel good . Manik too chuckled at himself and after composing herself he asked her " What else do you want to know besides my classes ? "

Nandini bit her lip at his question and said " I don't know . " 

" Oh , Ask me when you are ready . No need to ignore them ." Manik said , Nandini looked at him with surprise and asked " Really ? " 

" should I ask anything I am curious about ? " Nandini asked him . 

" You can ask me anything and as many questions you want ." Manik said with a smile and with a diplomatic face continued " I won't answer the questions that I can't . And the other answers I say will never be a lie to you . " 

Nandini heard his reply and nodded . She looked at the other side and the talk with Vibha on the other day came in her mind and she asked him " umm , Are you dating me because I am the kind of woman who is nice and obedient and won't bother you ? " 

Manik looked at her in confusion and counter asked " Why do you ask this ? " 

Nandini looked at him and just shrugged her shoulder and said " No reasons . " 

" No . " Manik answered making her look at him with confusion. 

" If I need a woman who is nice and obedient and won't bother me , I didn't have to wait until now . " Manik answered she looked at him with a amused face and asked " really ? " 

" You slept in my class , which tells you are not a student who listen carefully and do the things which are told . And what did I told you before ? " Manik asked her .