| S I X T E E N |

Liking someone is the first step to be in love but caring and giving the other some space and respect to their decision is the first step to be loved.

***

" Here you go " Manik said pulling the chair for her , they arrived in a Chinese restaurant much to Nandini's liking , As they entered they saw Mukti , Abhimanyu and Veebha to settled in the same restaurant , Nandini chirped as she saw Mukti and hence now they are all settled on one table waiting for their orders to arrive . 

As their food arrived , Manik stuffed all green veggies he ordered with Veg rice in Nandini's plate saying " Here eat this , You have got wounds , Spicy food and meat will affect it . " 

As he said this Nandini looked at him , but Veebha to glanced at his comment to her , Mukti chuckled at them and Abhimanyu was just concentrating on his noodles . 

They were eating when Nandini pouted as she was not liking the whole bland food which manik served her so she just asked him " Can I get a bit of Gravy ? " 

" No " Short , blunt answer she received from manik . 

" A bit of Sauce ? " She asked again , but the reply was same , short and blunt " No ." Abhi and Mukti pressed their lips controlling themselves to laugh as they were behaving like a couple , Veebha was just noticing everything , She was not liking this but kept mum . 

Nandini again sighed and pouted at his answers and concentrated on eating , not able to control more , mukti and Abhi chuckled loudly . 

" Your name is Nandini Murthy , Right ? " Veebha asked , Nandini looked at her and nodded , and veebha continued " I remember that you are Dr.Manik's patient ." She again nodded at veebha .

 " Then you are pretty peculiar . We two have known each other for so many years , I have never seen him being so warm to any patient ." Veebha commented , Nandini didn't knew what to answer her , but to her rescue manik spoke up " She is not a patient . She is my friend." Nandini looked at him .

"And it's my first time seeing you being friends with your patient . " Veebha said , it was merely like a taunt which Nandini felt soon , so not to loose the nice mood Abhi opted to speak up " Ahha , Let's not mention about patients or so , Alright ? We are sitting together having dinner . We are all friends , Here Veebha take some meat . " He said picking up a piece of meat from the pot and was going to place it in her plate when she said bluntly " I will do it myself ."      

" Ahha give it to me . " Mukti said as she saw Abhi placing the piece back to the pot , Abhi chuckled at her and gave her the piece and Mukti said " If you ask me , that it is destiny between my brother and Nandu . Some don't have sparks in between them even after dozen of years . But some meet only once , and there is fire of sparks between them ." 

She was continuing saying sparks and fire when Nandini said silently  to her " Mukti , shh what nonsense you are speaking  . " 

" How can it be nonsense ? Didn't you hear from Veebha ? My brother has never treated others like this , You are the one and only to my brother . Right , Veebha ? " Mukti said grinning widely , veebha was just controlling herself , rolling a tissue in between her fingers , but she just gave a slight smile to Mukti , Manik noticed this and he gave Nandini more veggies and said " Mukti didn't get it wrong though . " 

As soon as manik said this every eyes shot up to look at her in surprise it was like , did he really said this , Mukti grinned at him like finally he accepted this . Abhi to smiled a little , but he saw Veebha is going to burst soon at his comment so he chucked the topic saying " Mukti, let's not talk about your brother . Come on say something about yourself . Why do you invite us for dinner out of nothing . What do want to share ? "