| F O R T Y - F O U R |

Falling in love with you was out of my control, but I do have a say in what happens next. And, I will choose to stay in love with you through everything this life throws at us.

***

Malhotra's Apartment 

Silence was only thing prevailing in the house as Doctor Manik Malhotra is completing his much needed sleep . He was sleeping so cutely with a pout that anyone could fall for him. 

Walking with light feet , Mukti tip toed into Manik's room and in a blink captured few pictures of her brother and with same light feet she walked out to the living room sending the pictures to Nandini and with a message .

Mukti - Come and see my brother's super handsome sleep face . 

Nandini who was working in her studio got her message and looked at the picture of him looking much tired but cute . And she typed her back. 

Nandini - He must be very tired . 

Mukti was now settled in the living room with the cushion she ordered from Nandini the first time on her lap and she typed back . 

Mukti - He is often like that . I am used to it .  And as now you have got the photos , you can relax .

Nandini smiled at Mukti's teasing , it didn't effected her much as looking at the lovely face of manik made her happy. But if the teasing doesn't make any effect on Nandini it doesn't mean Mukti will stop so she continued .

Mukti - Btw when did you start to care about him so much ? 

 Nandini read the message and now she didn't know what to tell Mukti . She was thinking of a reply when she started typing . 

Nandini - Umm... He just looked exhausted . I was afraid if he drive that way he could have an accident on the way home . I only thought from a friend's perspective . 

Mukti giggled reading Nandini's message and typed back .

Mukti - Yeah , Yeah , I believe you . 

Nandini sighed in relief that Mukti believed her but her sigh didn't lasted long as she read Mukti's next message . 

Mukti - How was the breakfast ? 

Leaving Mukti's message on seen Nandini scrolled up at Manik's picture and a smile crept on her face . Admiring his photo for few seconds she kept her phone away and with a curious look she typed " Manik Malhotra " In google and waited for the result to came . 

She was going through the result and saw there were much information about his surgery records and all but in some posts she saw about his lectures . She saw the images of him teaching the students in S.P.A.C.E. Looking at the picture her mind started working with a thought and with a second she picked her phone and typed Mukti a message .