| S I X T Y - F I V E |

Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.

***

Abhimanyu's Apartment

" It's me . " Abhi and Mukti heard the voice behind the main gate and knew it was of Manik . Mukti clutched Abhi's arm in her grip and said " Don't let him come in , please . "

Abhi sighed at her pleading and told her " Be good . " and then he removed his arm from her grip and moved to open the door , while Mukti sighed and clutching her stomach she ran from the living room to the guest bedroom , closed the door and laid down on the bed covering herself as if trying to be hidden . 

Few minutes of laying on the bed and not hearing any voice from outside made her somewhat relax but her door soon got a knock that made her cover again and she shouted " Go away ! I don't wanna see you anymore . " thinking it is her brother . 

" Mukti , It's me . "  Mukti heard the voice of her friend , whom she consider as being her sister-in-law soon , that made her remove the cover and mumble Nandini's name , and in an immediate response she moved out of the bed and opened the door of the room for her . 

She peeked from the small slit of door she opened and noticed Nandini standing infront of her , while her brother was settled on the couch , she looked at him and then at Nandini and asked in hushed tone not wanted to grab her brother's attention  " What is my brother doing ? " 

" He is talking with Abhimanyu . Can I come in ? "  nandini asked her , Mukti smiled at her and nodded hurriedly and opened the door fully to let Nandini in , as soon as she got it , Mukti again closed the door and moved to sit on the bed with Nandini and with a tired face she covered her legs with the quilt. 

" You look pale . " Nandini said as she noticed Mukti's appearance .

"Forget it , I ate the expired yogurt . And I am much dehydrated  " Mukti said rubbing her temple . 

" Then we should go to the hospital . " Nandini said in a tone of hurry as she was worried that mukti is suffering past more than just dehydration . 

" No . I will have some medicine. Why are you here ? To persuade me for my brother ? "  Mukti asked her with her eyebrows frowned in a curious gaze . 

Nandini gave her a slight smile and said " He worries about you a lot . " 

" I don't believe it . " she said without any expression  and continued " He doesn't have time to care about me . He has you and another family . He has already forgotten me . "

Nandini chuckled and held Mukti's had in hers and said " You are saying this because you are angry on him , but you don't even believe it your own words , right ? " 

Mukti looked down not meeting Nandini's gaze knowing that she is right , Nandini sighed and looked at her hands and said " It's my fault . I didn't knew about how bad your relationship with Uncle Raj is . Manik didn't wanted to go first , but I insisted him to have a visit . I asked him if I wasn't good enough that he is not taking me there . He was afraid that I had mistaken his denial , so he took me there. If there is someone who is to be blamed for it is me . It's my fault.  "

Mukti looked at her taking the note of the new information and held Nandini hand asking " Did my brother not agree to go ? "

" Yes , He refused Vibha at first , but later on I persuaded him for a long time , he just went there. "  Nandini told her  .