| S I X T Y - O N E |

" Don't Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today. "

***

Next Day

Aurora Healthcare

Vibha was getting her lunch from the canteen after a tiresome half day . She was making her move to the table when she noticed Manik was settled in one of the table eating his lunch . Looking at him she made a move towards his table .  And kept her tray on the table gaining his attention , she settled down before him . 

" I remember that you don't like these fries . " Vibha said as she saw him eating one of those vegetable fry which their hospital canteen serve.

 " Just to change my taste once in a while . " Manik responded not looking at her as he was busy eating his lunch . 

" You have really changed . I think Nandini Murthy has a great influence on you . She can persuade you to go home easily . " Vibha said , but it was like a low- key taunt to him. 

Without looking at her Manik replied " I am just doing my duty. " 

" You haven't seen your father in years , Not to mention his birthday . You really have the nerve to say that ' you are just doing a duty . ' " Vibha commented . 

" Didn't you told me he was sick . I am just going to pay him a visit. "  Manik said being not so interested to talk about his father again . 

" Then why you always refuse my advice ? But you accepted Nandini's at once? " Vibha asked , referring to the countless times she had told him to visit his dad and family . 

Manik looked at her with a sigh and said " You know about my family and you know my temper . I don't need to spend more time to communicate with you , But Nandini is different , I can't just tell all my family problems to her at once . But now as we are together , I should let her to know everything about me , and this family meet is going to be an opportunity to let her know me more . "

Vibha was somewhat happy when she heard his first part of speech , but then her happiness soon turned into sadness and frown as he continued , though she looked them together two days before in Manik's house she still can't believe that they both are together and hence she asked him " Are you both together ? " 

Manik looked at her and just gave a slide nod , very happy to accept that he is together with Nandini . Vibha frowned at his not and said " You both are just being together now , and now you are going to bring her home . Aren't you afraid that she will  mind it , when she knows the things between you and your father ? " 

" She will find out about us sooner or later . Instead of letting her hear from someone else , I want her to know it by me, or she herself see it . " Manik said with full confidence , though he was a little tensed about it before but meeting Nandini yesterday have given him the strength . 

" What about your father ? You never went back home after all these years . Then you show up with a strange girl suddenly and tell him that she is your girlfriend. Don't you think that it is disrespectful to him ?  " Vibha asked him in a very serious tone , while he just looked at her if what ever she is talking is having some sort sense or not .

" Did he show us respect when he brought Neyonika back to home ? " Manik asked with his voice laced in the underlying anger that was bubbling up . 

Vibha stayed mum for a minute or two as she knew that she will be in grave danger to face his anger if she commented something on this so she just loosened up herself and asked him " So you have made up your mind ? "