| T H I R T Y |

I am not sure what scares me more , that you will never start loving me , or that i will never stop loving you .

***

Manik came down in the living room after freshening up . As he entered the living area he saw it was just lit with few dim lights , while her sister was settled on the couch with a gloomy expressions . He looked at her but then moved towards the kitchen and brought two coke cans . He walked near the couch and gave her one coke can and he got settled on the next couch beside her . She had a soft toy tiger clutched in her arms . She opened the can and saw her brother was too opening one can for him . 

" You started to drink carbonated beverages ." She said looking at him , as it was much rare situation when he drinks a coke with her . 

" Hmm, The combination of sweeteners  and carbon di oxide can relieve negative emotions . " Manik said taking a sip from his can . 

" Just the right thing for me ." Mukti commented and took the sip , manik looked at her sister with a confused emotion and asked " What's wrong ? " 

" bro , umm I seemed to to have made the same mistake as you did ."  Mukti said with a low tone , he looked at her and then sipped his drink and said " The odds are very low , as I don't make stupid mistakes often ." he taunted her as she was the only sibling who often makes stupid mistakes .

She sighed and said lowly " I also confessed my love on an inappropriate occasion ." 

Manik looked at her and immediately got to know about whom she is talking about . He sighed well knowing her liking towards his best friend . But he didn't know why his friend always stay away from her . Thinking he still considers her as a small girl who is his sister , he must not take her feelings seriously . 

"you are not his type ." he said putting his drink down . He didn't know what to say her , but thinking this was the best hoping his sister will leave her crush behind . 

" How do you know?" She asked him , not knowing she was going to get a wide lecture . 

"  When dopamine { a chemical messenger between neurons } is released , people usually have some special vitals or natural behavior . It's not very hard to find as long as you are careful ." He said making her understand but it just went above her head but she asked him " You observed Nandini in this way ? " 

" No , she doesn't need this observation." Manik said without even a delay . 

" It doesn't work on her . Now I understand the idiom , A doctor cannot cure himself no matter how clearly you know other's feeling , you might never know your own . " She said and just kept her head on the couch's arm .

" I am sure that whether knowing your feeling or his doesn't matter  ." he said and then leaned forward on his knees so that he can see her face and said " As long as you find the right person , there is no inappropriate occasion for confessing your love . " He caressed her hair calming her  and said " He is not the right one . "

Manik patted her head lovingly and then left towards his room to give some time for his sister to think . Mukti saw him going to his room and pouted and said " I don't care . I love him . " and was just thinking ways to melt him . 

----

Nandini was drawing the sketch for the soft toy but just crumpled the paper and threw it on the ground where her other crumpled sketches were . Taking a breath she started drawing again  but her mind just drifted on yesterday .