| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |

I am a prisoner of my own thoughts ,

Waiting for someone to set me free .

***

" I formally proposed her to be my girlfriend , and also told her my feelings ." Manik  said .

Mukti's expressions became stunned and surprised thinking , did her brother really told Nandini  his feelings or is it her ears which are not hearing properly .

" You confessed ? " she asked in shock . Manik just gave her a small nod and she ranted " When ? How ? Where ? Did she said yes ? " 

Manik ignored her bossy tone that she used to ask him , but he answered her casually " In front of her house . And she said she needed time to grasp all the things and then answer ." 

" Ohh My sweet god , Can you please give some romance tips to my unromantic brother ."Mukti sighed lying back on the sofa literally pleading god , Manik stifled his chuckle at her sister's drama and just picked an apple from the basket and also the knife.

She got up in an instance , and gave him a deadly look and said " What did I tell you ? You have to confess her romantically , how can you confess her so casually , You proposed on her on the street , Didn't you think of buying flowers or any goods for her , Did you kneel infront of her ? " As she asked him , Manik just rolled his eyes at the last question which made her sure that he didn't even knelled infront of her . 

" She didn't refuse me . She said she needs time . If my proposal was as horrible as you think then she would have refused me bluntly . " Manik said removing the peel of the apple .

Mukti looked at him with a frustrated look and said " That will because she didn't want to embarrass you ." 

Manik continued to peel the apple ignoring her words , while Mukti sighed and said " It would be possible that she has a tiny winy feeling for you .* Manik smiled at her statement but didn't looked at her * But No women will ever say yes to such a blunt confession, even if had sincere feelings ."   

His expressions grimed ,  Mukti patted his shoulder and said " Bro , think over it , Maybe you can cover this the other time ." 

Manik just kept the knife back on the table and removed the peel of the apple in a straight go , Mukti gasped looking at this and said " How you did that ? " Manik ignored it and pushed the apple in her mouth and with a smile he said " This is your reward for letting Nandini to have her store in your place, You thought wisely ." 

Mukti  gasped how can he talk about something which not  the main topic of the discussion , She held the apple and looked at him as he went to his room and said " Manik Malhotra you are hopeless ." 

----

Few Days After

 Aurora Healthcare 

Manik moved out of the OT rotating his neck as he was tried due to continuous third surgery of the day , As he moved out he heard his name being called from the side , he turned to his left and saw Abhi settled on one of the bench drinking his coke , while he threw the other coke bottle towards him , Manik gave a little smile at his best friends and caught the coke bottle and walked forward , while Abhi went near him and tapped his shoulder and said " I heard you broke another record today , A very risky and dangerous operation you did it with fine ease without having any complications .  I am proud of you that you did this kind of operation with ease . "

" It's my job to do any type of operation with ease and not letting the patient to be uncomfortable . " Manik said as they leaned to the glass balcony of the corridor .