| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |

Falling in love is easy. 

Falling in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary.

***

Malhotra's  Apartment 

Manik held the door open for Nandini to come inside . She smiled at his chivalry and entered inside the house . Closing the door Manik led her the way inside . She followed him with little steps as she was definitely nervous of being in the house with him even if Mukti  stays there . Thinking of Mukti , Nandini sighed as Manik told her what abhi did and what conversation he had with Mukti and knowing she would be crying hence Abhi told Manik to handle her . 

" Come in " Manik said and she noticed he was stood in the living room while she was still stood near the pathway . Walking near him slowly , she stood beside looking at the surroundings . Manik chuckled at her and asked " What are looking at ? Haven't you been here before ? "  

Nandini turned her face to the other side remembering the encounter she had with him in the previous visit . Manik smiled and pulled her purse from her shoulder and moved near the stand to hang it over there .  

Nandini smiled at his move and then she noticed Mukti settled on the couch with a gloomy tear stained face , roaming her fingers through lucy's hair who was lazily laid on Mukti's lap , it was like Lucy was cuddling his owner as he was feeling the sadness oozing out of her  .

" Mukti ." Nandini said and moved near the couch . 

Listening her name , Mukti turned around and came face to face of Nandini and her brother . Manik looked at her sister and his heart pained seeing her . Her face was red with tears mark while eyes red and puffy . 

" Nandini , why are you here ? " She asked in a raspy tone chocking on her tears . She looked at her brother and then at Nandini who were looking at each other with shock and she said " If you are having a date ... please find another place . I am too sad to be abused by your couple things . " 

Mukti said and turned away and looked at nothing , Manik sighed at her sister and turned Nandini and whispered " I will make some coffee , you two have a chat . " 

Nandini nodded at him and she moved and got settled beside Mukti and said " I am here for a sleep over . Arayaman passed out in my place and I have nowhere to go , So Dr.Manik took me here ."  

" How shameless is that Arayaman , got drunk and went to your home , even when you are not together anymore . " Mukti shouted , but with a tear rolled on her cheek . 

" He didn't came to my place willingly . Some one brought him there . " Nandini told her . Mukti huffed at Nandini and looked at the other side with a gloomy face . Nandini sighed as she didn't have seen Mukti like this ever and hence she moved near her and wrapped her arm around Mukti's shoulder and pulled her near her . Mukti laid her head on Nandini's shoulder sniffing lightly with Nandini calming her .

" Don't be sad . I got to know what happened ? " Nandini said rubbing her shoulder in a soothing manner . 

" How did you know ? " She asked her . 

" Abhimanyu called your brother ." Nandini said slowly , making Mukti part away from the hug and she looked at her and asked " What did he said ? That I made a fool of myself again by chasing him ? What kind of man is he ? Can't he ignore the fact , have to gossip it with everyone ! " 

Mukti pouted , while Nandini smiled as finally she spoke like before and said " He cares for you . He asked your brother to watch you . " 

" If he cares for me , then he would have never said that to me ." mukti stated .