| F O R T Y - N I N E |

You reminded me what it feels like to love. 

You made me fall in love and, fuck, I don't want to lose that. 

I don't want to lose you.

***

Malhotra Apartment 

Manik entered his bedroom after having dinner with Nandini . He was smiling looking at the Doremon which Nandini gave him . He kept  the Doremon on the side table near the star and the monster that Nandini gave him , and stood straight and looked at the three stuffs Nandini gave him . He was smiling looking at them that he didn't noticed that his sister was all the time stalking him , and now was watching him from the entrance of the bedroom gate . 

" Good Job Bro , You are making a Progress . " Mukti said peeping at him , he shook his head at her comment . Seeing her brother not reacting she said again " Bro should I start calling Nandini , Sister-in-law now ? " 

Manik looked at her and saw she was gazing him with her ever so innocent pout , knowing her sister very well he asked " What do you want a favour or money ? " 

Mukti huffed at her brother and said " it doesn't have be one of those always . " 

He looked at her with his eyebrows raised asking if she really said it , she gave him a grin and asked " Why don't we have a close talk between a sister and brother ? " 

Manik rolled his eyes at her sister and said moving to the washroom " I will go and have a shower if you have came to just bore me . " 

Mukti moved inside the room in a rush and held his hand and said " Hold on , Let's go downstairs and talk with a bowl of fruits , I have prepared  it for you . " 

And without listening to Manik's protest , Mukti dragged Manik out of his room , down to the living room . 

----

Manik was settled on the couch having the fruits that Mukti prepared for him and also listening to the so called plan she wanted to execute . 

" So what do you think about it ? " She asked him , Manik looked at her and with a sigh he said " I already told you Mukti , I am not going to come in between you and Abhi . "

Mukti pouted at him and said " It's not just for me and Abhimanyu . I am doing this for you and Nandini . No , wait it's all about you and Nandini ."

Manik look at her with a serious look as if he knows that she is just buttering him up . Mukti knew his brother got to know her intention and hence with a sigh she said " I know you guys are going well. But I know she hasn't said those words yet . Do you know what's wrong with it ? " 

Manik look at her to continue what she was speaking and like a professional love guru she said " It's your profession of love . It is so plain and casual . She wouldn't be touched by that . " 

Manik rolled his eyes at her and said " Nandini doesn't read those stupid love novels like you . She doesn't need all that . " 

Mukti huffed at him and got up from the couch saying " But every girl looks forward for some special proposal in relationships . "  Manik look at her as if she is serious . 

Mukti slumped beside him and said " These Proposals would tell you what stage you guys are at , and also how important you are for each other . Think about it , If you guys are together in future and you look back at the beginning of your relationship , what would you like a simple proposal on the street or a romantic proposal with a setup that is hard to forget ? "