𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝙰 𝚁𝚄𝙽 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙸𝚃

𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊

"Hey, you alive in there?" The man on the radio asked. Rick quickly tried to get to the radio and bashed his head on the roof.

"Careful." Madelyn chuckled before she grabbed the radio. "Hello?"

"Oh, you're the wife?" The man asked.

"No, we just met." Madelyn said. "Where are you, outside?"

"Can you see us right now?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, I can see you." The man said. "You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news."

"There's good news?" Madelyn asked as she looked at Rick.

"No." The man said.

"Oh my god." Madelyn sighed as Rick took the radio.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you. I'm a little concerned in here." Rick said.

"Oh, man, you should see it from over here." The man said. "You'd be having a major freak out."

"Got any advice for us?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it." The man said.

"That's it? 'Make a run for it'?" Madelyn asked, very confused. "We'll be eaten alive."

"My way's not as dumb as it sounds." The man said. "You've both got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. You with me so far?"

"So far." Rick said.

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you both move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance." The man said. "You got ammo?"

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns." Rick said. "Can I get to it?"

"Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option." The man said. "What do you have on you?"

Madelyn and Rick looked around the tank where they found a grenade. "We're gonna need this." Madelyn said, making Rick nod before going back to the radio.

"We got a Beretta with one clip, fifteen rounds." Rick said into the radio.

"Make 'em count." The man said. "Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe fifty yards. Be there."

"Wait, what's your name?" Madelyn asked.

"You're running out of time." The man said.

"Come on, we need to go." Rick said before grabbing a shovel, one for him and one for Madelyn. He opened the door of the tank and they both looked around, seeing a walker near them. Rick hit its head with the shovel, leaving it disfigured, making Madelyn gag slightly. "You okay?"