𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡 - 𝚠𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇 - 𝚆𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝙴𝙳 𝚃𝙾 𝙶𝙾

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

It was the next day and Madelyn was feeling better than ever. The antibiotics worked like a charm and she was starting to feel like her old self again. That was great news because Madelyn had to admit, she was getting a little worried when the day turned into night and Daryl and his group hadn't returned with the medicine.

Cell block D had been cleaned out and Madelyn was back in her cell that she shared with Daryl. She was fast asleep on the bed. She was feeling better but she still needed rest. That flu had almost killed her after all. Daryl walked into the cell with a plate of food and smiled when he saw her sleeping figure.

"Wow." He whispered to himself. He still couldn't believe how lucky he was that he was able to be with a woman who was so beautiful, inside and out. In some weird way, he was a tiny bit glad the world had ended. If it didn't, he would have never have met Madelyn. He went into the cell and sat on the bed where she was sleeping, brushing her hair away from her face before shaking her gently. "Maddie." He said.

"Hmmm?" She muttered, her eyes still closed.

"I brought you breakfast. You need to eat." Daryl said. Madelyn opened her eyes when she saw Daryl with a plate of food in his hands. She yawned and sat up in bed. "How'd you sleep?"

"Very well. I feel much better." Madelyn said.

"Right, come on. Time to eat. You need to get your strength up." Daryl said, holding up a fork with some food on it. Madelyn smiled and ate the food.

"Hey, did you check on Glenn and Sasha? They got that nasty flu as badly as I did." Madelyn asked.

"Yeah, I checked on them both. They've both pretty much recovered. They asked if you were okay and I said I'd let them know." Daryl said, feeding Madelyn another forkful of food.

"Thank god." Madelyn said. "I never even got the chance to thank you. You went all that way to get medicine for us."

"There's no need for that. I did what needed to be done." Daryl said and before Madelyn could say anything, a loud explosion was heard. Madelyn and Daryl both looked at each other before quickly getting up and running outside where they saw Maggie, Beth, Bob, Rick, Carl, Tyreese and Sasha looking outside of the gates where there were multiple vehicles parked as well as a tank.

It was the Governor.

"Rick! Come down here. We need to talk." The Governor called out.

"It's not up to me!" Rick called out. "There's a council now. They run this place."

"Is Hershel on the council?" The Governor asked before one of his people brought Hershel out from his car, his hands tied behind his back.

"No." Maggie whispered.

"What about Michonne?" The Governor asked as another man brought Michonne out, her hands tied behind her back too. "She on the council, too?"

"I don't make decisions anymore." Rick said.

"You're making the decisions today, Rick." The Governor said. "Come down here. Let's have that talk."

Rick looked at both Daryl and Madelyn who nodded. He had to go down there. Nobody could risk Hershel or Michonne getting hurt. Rick sighed and went down to talk to the Governor but still staying inside the fences.

"We can't take them all on. We'll go through the admin building, through the woods, like we planned." Daryl said. "We ain't got the numbers no more. When's the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?"

"The day before we hit the Big Spot." Sasha said. "We were running low on rations then. We're lower now."

"We'll manage. If things go south, everyone heads for that bus." Daryl said.

"What if everybody isn't on it when things go bad?" Tyreese asked. "How long do we wait?"

"As long as we can." Daryl said. The group watched as Rick talked to the Governor. Nobody could hear them however because they were quite far away. They seemed calm for now but everyone knew something would go down. Daryl began handing everyone guns just in case. Everyone aimed their guns at the Governor and his group.

"We gotta do something." Carl said.

"Your dad's got it." Daryl said.

"They're talking." Carl said. "We could kill the Governor right now."

"Hey, Rick's got this." Madelyn said to Carl. "You need to trust him."

As everyone watched, they saw the Governor cut off Hershel's head clean off, taking everyone aback. Maggie cried out loud as did Beth.

"No!" Rick shouted before he opened fire, causing the rest of the group to open fire too. They were pissed. They were angry. They were going to avenge Hershel. As the group were shooting, the tank started moving forward, driving right into the fence and knocking it over. All of the Governor's cars began driving in the courtyard, shooting at the group. The tank started shooting explosives at the prison, blowing up the buildings.

Maggie ran inside to get Glenn out of the prison and onto the bus so everyone could leave. Rick was fighting the Governor one on one and everyone else was shooting at his group. Daryl was shooting three of the Governor's men, not realising there were walkers approaching him from behind. Madelyn noticed and called out his name. "Daryl!" She yelled as a walker dragged Daryl down, making Madelyn's heart stop. "No!" She yelled as tears flooded her eyes. She turned towards the three men and shot them all to death.

She quickly ran over to Daryl and sighed in relief when she saw the walker was dead and Daryl was using it to cover himself of more shooters. More men came and tried to shoot Daryl and Madelyn who hid behind the walker body.

"Hand me the grenade in my pocket." Daryl said to Madelyn who quickly nodded before going through his pocket and pulling the grenade out. He quickly pulled the pin out and it exploded on the men. Daryl planted one more grenade into the tank, making it explode.  "Maddie, we need to go."

"But...but Rick...." Madelyn said as she saw a staggering Rick in the courtyard.

"We have to go, Maddie." Daryl said as walkers approached them. Madelyn held in her tears as they both ran from the prison, never to return again.

 Madelyn held in her tears as they both ran from the prison, never to return again