𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 - 𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙰𝙽

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

It was the next day and Rick, Daryl and Hershel had left the prison to talk to the Governor to see if they could negotiate and both sides wouldn't have to go to war. Madelyn was back at the prison with Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Merle, Beth and Carol. They were busy prepping guns.

"Carl, you stash these at the loading dock, all right?" Glenn said to Carl, handing him two boxes of bullets. "Beth, put more up on the catwalk. If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure they have plenty of ammo. I'll go work on the cage outside."

"What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor." Merle said. "We know where he is right now."

"You suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn asked.

"Yeah, I am." Merle said.

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." Michonne said.

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart. Being on the side line with my brother out there ain't sitting right with me." Merle said.

"For once, I kinda agree with you." Madelyn said. "I don't like it any more than you but Daryl knows how to handle himself."

"Plus, the three of them are right in the middle of it." Glenn said. "No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong."

"And they will." Merle said.

"My dad can take care of himself." Carl said.

"Sorry, son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon." Merle said.

"Don't say that to him." Maggie said.

"It's not the right move. Not now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire." Glenn said. "It's my decision. It's final."

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Madelyn was looking for more bullets in some of the empty storage rooms. The group needed as much ammo as they could if they were going to war. As Madelyn looked, the door opened and Merle walked inside. Madelyn turned around and sighed when she saw him. She still didn't like him very much.

"What are you doing here?" Madelyn asked as she carried on searching.

"I was coming to ask you to join me. We should attack the Governor, kill him today and all this will be over." Merle said.

"Look, it's a good idea, Merle but like Glenn said, it's just too risky. I would never forgive myself if Daryl, Rick or Hershel got hurt because we didn't stay put and we started acting reckless." Madelyn said.

"Don't you love my brother?" Merle asked, making Madelyn freeze in her spot.

"What?" She asked as she turned around to face him.

"You heard me. You love him?" Merle asked.

"I don't have to answer that." Madelyn said.

"I know y'all ain't together no more. I'm always right. Sooner or later, all his pussies come running to me." Merle said as he stepped closer to Madelyn, making her step back.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen so please, just leave." Madelyn said, trying to keep her cool.

"Why settle with the younger brother when you could have the older one?" Merle smirked.

"Because the younger brother is nowhere near as disgusting and untrustworthy as you." Madelyn said. "Unlike you, Daryl actually cares about people. He fights for other people, he puts his life on the line every single day for this group. He's come a long way ever since we left you up on that roof and you know what? Daryl agrees with that. You're a bad influence, Merle. No-one likes you around. We only tolerate you because you're Daryl's brother and he wants you around. He's desperately trying to keep you in the group but you're only making it worse for yourself."

"You take that back, you bitch." Merle said, getting in Madelyn's face.

"I only said the truth." Madelyn said, not realising that she had backed up into a wall. "You aren't half the man that Daryl is and you never will."

"You won't be thinking that soon." Merle said as he pulled on the waist of Madelyn's jeans.

"Stop." Madelyn said, pushing him away but Merle began forcing himself onto her. Madelyn used all her strength to push Merle off but he was too strong. Her arm was also starting to hurt from her trying to push him.

"It's not fair that my baby bro got to see all this, got to taste your pussy and he didn't share with me." Merle said as he tried to pick his hand down Madelyn's pants.

"I said stop." Madelyn said before kicking him where the sun doesn't shine, making Merle howl in pain.

"You're gonna pay for that, bitch!" Merle growled and just as Merle was about to grab her, he fell to the ground, unconscious. Madelyn gasped and looked up, seeing Michonne. She had knocked Merle out with the handle of her sword.

"Are you okay?" Michonne asked in concern.

"Yeah, oh my god. Thank you so much, Michonne." Madelyn said.

"You should get out of here. I'll take care of Merle." Michonne said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, you go." Michonne said, making Madelyn nod before quickly leaving the room.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Madelyn was pretty shaken up after that whole encounter with Merle. She knew there was something up with him and she was right. Madelyn didn't want to tell Daryl. He loved his brother and with everyone against Merle already, she didn't want to add to it. She decided to just keep quiet about it.

Rick had returned with Daryl and Hershel and as soon as Daryl stepped into the cell block, he just knew something was up with Madelyn. She was stood in the corner of the cell block, not even looking at anyone. Her arms were crossed, like she was trying to keep to herself. That was a little unusual for her. Before Daryl could say anything to her, Rick started talking to the group. Merle was there and Madelyn made sure to keep as much space in between them as she possibly could.

"So, I met this Governor." Rick started. "Sat with him for a while."

"Just the two of you? Should've gone when we had the chance." Merle said, making Madelyn look anywhere but at him.

"He wants the prison." Rick said. "He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead for what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war."