𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎 - 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴 - 𝚂𝙷𝙸𝚃 𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙲𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚄𝚂 𝙳𝙾𝚆𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴

"So, tell me about these sexy ass, steel walls?" Madelyn asked Aaron, earning a smile of amusement from him as Rick held Judith in his arms. "It's been a while since we've been behind walls. We've been on the road for quite a while and we've been screwed over by people who claimed they had safe communities. That's why I'm praying everything you're saying is true and Rick won't have to kill you."

"Everything I'm saying is true. Our walls are strong, we have solar panels to generate power, hot water. It's safe there." Aaron said.

"I know we could all use a safe place right now." Madelyn sighed. "You seem like a good guy. I really do think you are a good guy and if it were up to me, I'd love to take the group with you but it's Rick's call. You need to get on his good side, give him a reason to have faith in you."

Aaron nodded as Judith began crying. She was hungry. Rick was trying to crush some pecans for her and Aaron was getting worried. Madelyn took Judith and tried to calm her down. "Hey, it's okay. Your Dad's getting you something to eat." She said but she still kept crying.

"You did see the jar of applesauce in my bag, right?" Aaron asked. "This isn't a trick. This isn't about trying to make you like me. It's self preservation because if the roamers hear her and come this way, I know I'll be the first to go."

"Rick, get the applesauce." Madelyn said as she tried to calm Judith down but she wouldn't stop crying.

Rick sighed and grabbed the applesauce before putting some on a spoon and going over to Aaron, holding it to his mouth. "You think I'm trying to poison your baby daughter?" Aaron asked. Rick said nothing. "I'm tied up and you've already expressed a willingness to stab me in the head. How would cruelly killing your daughter in front of you in any way help the situation?"

"Maybe she doesn't die. Maybe she gets sick." Rick said as Madelyn comforted Judith. "Maybe you're the only one that can help her and I just lose."

"I am the only one that can help her because I have applesauce and we all win." Aaron said, making Madelyn shake her head in amusement. Applesauce was clearly gaining the upper hand here. Rick held the spoon closer to Aaron's mouth. "I hate applesauce. My mom used to make me eat foods I didn't like to make me more manly. Salmon patties, applesauce, and onions. She was a very confused woman who tried her damndest."

"Why carry applesauce with you then?" Madelyn asked.

"I just bring the jar to show that we have apple trees nearby." Aaron said.

"Like you said, you'll be the first to go." Rick said as Judith kept on crying.

Aaron sighed and ate the applesauce, his face scrunching up. Yep, he really did not like applesauce. Rick then tasted the applesauce. "Rick, give her the damn applesauce." Madelyn said. Rick got up and grabbed the jar before feeding Judith, making her finally quiet down.