𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚢?

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 - 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙳𝙸𝙳 𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙰𝚈?

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

It was the next morning and Madelyn had gotten a good night's rest. In fact, the best night's rest she had gotten in two weeks. It was still going to take time to get used to the fact that she would now be sleeping alone with no husband by her side or a baby in her womb but Madelyn knew she had to get past it. She wouldn't survive if she held onto the past. This was the world now.

Madelyn got out of her tent and looked around. Everyone was busy doing chores. She saw a short haired woman who was ironing her clothes so she decided to approach her.

"Hi, you washed my clothes?" Madelyn asked.

"It was the least I could do." The woman said.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." Madelyn smiled. "I'm Madelyn."

"I'm Carol." She smiled as Rick approached her.

"I'll leave you both to talk." Madelyn said before going over to Glenn, seeing him sulking as Shane, Morales and Dale took apart the red sports car he stole and loved.

"Look at them. Vultures." Glenn grumbled, making Madelyn smile in amusement. "Yeah, go on. Strip it clean."

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get." Dale said. "Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn."

"Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days." Glenn sighed.

"Well, the next time we find a super cool sports car, I'll help you steal it. How about that?" Madelyn chuckled.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Glenn smiled.

"I'm gonna go and talk to Lori." Madelyn smiled before approaching Rick's wife.

"Hey, I'm Lori." The brunette said as she hung the washing.

"I'm Madelyn. Your husband pretty much saved my life yesterday." Madelyn said.

"That's Rick." Lori said.

"Rick was the one that handcuffed Merle. He was saying some pretty vile stuff about me." Madelyn said.

"You don't need to worry about anything whilst Rick is around." Lori said, making Madelyn smile. A car then appeared. It was Shane.

"Water's here. Just a reminder to boil before use." Shane said as he got out of the car, looking at Lori who then looked away, making Madelyn look at her.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Madelyn asked.

"No!" Lori said. "I mean, no. There's nothing."