𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙼𝙰𝙽 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙻𝙻𝚈 𝚂𝙰𝙸𝙳 𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶

The group had gone into Barrington House to see Gregory in his office and tell him their idea of taking Negan down. Gregory, however, was not on board.

"No! No way in hell." Gregory said as he paced the room. Madelyn and Daryl were standing by the window. Daryl had his arms wrapped around Madelyn's chest from behind as he rested his chin on the top of her head. He had his wife back and he was never letting her go again. "That was not the deal. You people swore you could take the Saviours out, and you failed. So any arrangement you think we had is done. Null and void, all right? We aren't trade partners, we aren't friends, and we never met. We don't know each other. I owe you nothing. In fact, you owe me for taking in the refugees at great personal risk."

"Oh, you were very brave staying in here while Maggie and Sasha saved this place. Your courage was inspiring." Jesus said, making Madelyn smile in amusement.

"Hey, don't you work for me?" Gregory asked Jesus. "Aren't we friends?"

"Gregory, we already started this." Rick said.

"You started this." Gregory said.

"We did and we're gonna win." Rick said.

"These are killers." Gregory said.

"Is this how you wanna live?" Rick asked. "Under their thumb? Killing your people?"

"Sometimes we don't get to choose what our life looks like. Sometimes, Ricky, you have to count the blessings you have." Gregory said.

"Because working for the Saviours is a blessing." Madelyn muttered sarcastically, making Daryl laugh a little and kiss the top of her head. Damn, he missed her.

"How many people can we spare?" Maggie asked Gregory. "How many people here can fight?"

"We? I don't even know how many people we have, Margaret." Gregory said. "And does it even matter? I mean...what are we gonna do? Start a platoon of sorghum farmers? 'Cause that's what we got. They grow things. They're not gonna want to fight."

"You're wrong. When people have the chance to do the right thing, they usually step up." Tara said. "People just-"

"Let me stop you before you break into song, okay?" Gregory said. "And, by the way, who would train all this cannon fodder?"

"I will." Sasha said.

"Give me a week." Rosita said.

"Rhetorical, okay?" Gregory said. "I don't want to know. I never want to hear another word of it, ever."

"Would we be better off without the Saviours, yes or no?" Rick asked, starting to get frustrated.

"Yeah, sure, okay." Gregory said.

"So, what will you do to fix the problem?" Michonne asked.

"I didn't say we had a problem. You did." Gregory said. "And what happens outside of my purview is outside of my purview."

"What the hell, man?" Daryl said. "You're either with us or you ain't. You're sitting over there talking out of both sides of your mouth."

"Well, I think I've made my position very clear. And I want to thank all of you for not being here today and not having this meeting with me or being seen on your way out." Gregory said, making Madelyn roll her eyes. "In other words, go out the back."

Everyone shook their heads and left Gregory's office. "We don't need him anyways." Madelyn said.

"That's right because we have Maggie and Sasha and Jesus right here." Rick said.

"And Enid." Maggie said as she came inside.

"Hey, um-"

"What's wrong?" Sasha asked.

"Nothing, just come outside." Enid said. Everyone went outside and saw a few of the Hilltop residents waiting for them.

"What's going on?" Maggie asked.

"Hey, so if you don't remember me, I'm Bertie." A woman said. "And I owe my life to you all, twice over. A bunch of us do. Enid says that you want Gregory to get us to fight the Saviours with you. Is that true?"

"Yes." Maggie said.

"Do you really think we could win?" Bertie asked.

"I do." Maggie said.

"We're ready." Bertie said, making everyone smile.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Once the members of the Hilltop had agreed to help fight the Saviours, everyone was getting ready to leave. "It's a start." Michonne said as everyone made their way to the front gate.

"We'll get more." Sasha said.

"It's still not going to be enough." Madelyn said as she walked with Daryl, hand in hand. After being separated for so long, all they wanted was to be close to each other.

"No, it won't." Rosita said.

"Well, we find the right stuff, then maybe we don't need the numbers." Daryl said. "Blow 'em up. Burn 'em to the ground."

"You said there weren't just soldiers with the Saviours, that there were workers there." Tara said. "People that didn't have a choice."

"We gotta win." Daryl said.

"We need more hands, another group." Rick said. "Negan has outposts. The geography, the distance works against us. We gotta get back. If they come looking for Daryl, we need to be there."

"You don't have to get back. Not yet." Jesus said, making everyone stop and look at him. He pulled out a walkie talkie. "It's one of theirs, long range. We can listen in, keep track of them."

"So, if we're not going back, what are we doing, then?" Michonne asked.

"I think it's time we introduced you to Ezekiel. King Ezekiel." Jesus said.

"King?" Rick asked.

"This man really said king." Madelyn chuckled.

" Madelyn chuckled