𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝚒 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 - 𝙸 𝙾𝙽𝙻𝚈 𝚂𝙿𝙾𝙺𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙷

"Hi." Madelyn smiled as she looked over at Daryl who was laying next to her. Seeing Daryl first thing every morning, it made the rest of the day feel complete.

"Hey." He said with a small smile before leaning forward and leaving a kiss on Madelyn's neck. "How did I get so lucky?"

"I should be asking that." Madelyn said softly.

"No, and there's no arguing that." Daryl said, making Madelyn roll her eyes. "Now, give me some sugar."

Madelyn smiled before leaning in and leaving a soft kiss on his lips. They pulled away and Madelyn's smile dropped a little.

"What's wrong?" Daryl asked.

"Last night, I saw.....on your back." Madelyn said, making Daryl look away. "Where did....who did that?"

"My father....to both me and Merle. When Merle left, I was my father's only punching bag." Daryl said.

"I'm so sorry." Madelyn said, caressing his cheek. "I didn't mean to open up any old wounds. No-one deserves to go through all that. No-one."

"Now, you said you found Tyreese's group here?" Glenn asked Carl, pointing to an area of the drawing, pulling Madelyn out of her thoughts. She sighed. Madelyn missed Daryl. She had spent the past couple of nights crying herself to sleep. It was hard sleeping by herself without Daryl. She had gotten so used to him being around.

Back at the prison, Glenn was working with Carl, using chalk to draw a layout of the prison on the ground. "Yeah." Carl said.

"We secured this." Glenn said.

"Well, he thought he came through here." Carl said, pointing to a different area.

"That means that there's another breach." Glenn said. "The whole front of the prison is unsecure."

"That means if walkers can stroll in, it'll be a lot easier for actual people with weapons." Madelyn pointed out.

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth asked, referring to the Governor. "Maybe you scared him off."

"He had fish tanks full of heads." Michonne said. "Walkers and humans. Trophies."

"Ew." Madelyn muttered to herself.

"He's coming." Michonne said.

"We should hit him now." Glenn said. "He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head."

"We're not assassins." Carol said.

"You know where his apartment is." Glenn said, going over to Michonne. "You and I could end this tonight. I'll do it myself."