𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚗 - 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙴𝙽 - 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴

𝙰 𝙵𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It had been a few days since the group had been on the move since everything that happened at the CDC. Fort Benning was still on everyone's mind. Daryl was travelling on his motorcycle, Rick, Lori, Carl, Sophia and Carol were in one car and Madelyn, Dale, Shane, Glenn, T-Dog and Andrea were travelling in the RV.

Whilst Shane and Andrea were talking, Madelyn was sat on the other side of the RV, playing with her wedding ring that sat on her finger. She missed Landon, of course she did. He was the love of her life. She didn't wish that Landon was with her. She would never wish for her husband to have to live in a world like this. Madelyn only wished and hoped and prayed that Landon was at peace with their unborn son. She hoped that they were both happy together.

"Are you ever going to take that off?" Glenn asked, sitting next to Madelyn.

"Actually, I am." Madelyn said, taking her ring off. "I will always love Landon. I only pray that he is at peace. I don't need my ring. I have his." She said, holding onto the gold ring that hung on a chain around her neck.

"So, what are you going to do with it?" Glenn asked.

"I want you to have it." Madelyn smiled.

"Me?" Glenn asked, confused. "What am I going to do with a woman's diamond wedding ring?"

"Maybe you'll meet someone. This world is unpredictable. We can't say what the future has in store for any of us. I would love that you, my bestest friend in this group, held onto this and maybe one day, you'll give it to a special girl." Madelyn said before placing her ring in Glenn's hand.

Glenn smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Mads. I promise I'll take good care of it." He said.

"I know you will." Madelyn smiled.

"Oh jeez." Dale said, grabbing everyone's attention. The group had now approached a highway where there were a bunch of abandoned vehicles blocking the road. Daryl had a look and circled back to the RV on his bike. "Any way for us?" Dale asked.

Daryl shook his head and went to see if there was any spot he missed. "Maybe we should just go back." Glenn said, looking at a map. "There's an interstate bypass-"

"We can't spare the fuel." Dale said as he carried on driving until a row of cars blocked the highway, preventing any vehicle from passing.

"Oh my goodness." Madelyn said, looking out of the window at all the abandoned cars. It was eerie. All these cars just left there, probably filled with corpses. It sent a shiver down Madelyn's spine.

"Can we get through here?" Glenn asked as the RV started breaking down before stopping.

"I'm taking that as a no." Madelyn said as everyone got out of their vehicles.