𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝙲𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙽 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴𝙽

It was the next day when the group had finally made it to the community Aaron was talking about. Alexandria. It did indeed have tall, steel walls which Madelyn was very happy about. "See, Rick didn't have to kill you and I am looking at some sexy ass steel walls." Madelyn said to Aaron, making him smile in amusement. The group looked around the outside and were pretty happy so far with what they were seeing.

As they approached the gate, it opened and Aaron helped Eric inside before everyone heard a noise from the side, making Daryl quickly shoot it. The gate opened fully as Daryl picked up the racoon he had shot and everyone looked at him weirdly.

"We brought dinner." Daryl said as Madelyn rolled her eyes.

"Is it me or is Daryl a little-"

"Crazy?" Madelyn asked her brother. "Yeah."

"It's okay." Aaron said to his people. "Come on in, guys." The group went through the gate before it closed behind them. Madelyn saw houses and a lot of them, the streets were clean and there were actual people around. "Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons."

"Stay, you hand them over." Another man said.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick said.

"It's fine, Nicholas." Aaron said.

"If we were gonna use them, we would have started already." Rick said.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron said to Nicholas.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked.

"She knows everything you'd want to know about this place." Aaron said. "Rick, why don't you start?"

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Everyone had turned in their weapons and had met Deanna, the woman who ran Alexandria. Aaron then showed the group which houses they could stay in. Madelyn and Daryl were given a house. When they went inside, Madelyn couldn't believe it. It was an actual house with actual, real furniture.

"Oh my god, D. Look, a coffee machine!" Madelyn exclaimed excitedly as Daryl looked around. He had never really stayed in a nice house before so this was a little weird for him. Even before the world ended, he lived in a shabby little apartment. Madelyn noticed Daryl's uncomfort and went over to him. "I know it's gonna take you time to get used to this place but I know this is going to work."

"Yeah, we'll see." Daryl said.

"And for the love of god, can you take that animal outside?" She asked him. He still had the racoon in his hand. "I'm gonna go and take a shower."

Daryl left and Madelyn took a shower. It felt good, finally being clean, finally feeling hot water on her skin. Changing into some fresh clothes felt amazing too. After getting cleaned up, Madelyn left her house and went over to Rick's, where she saw Daryl sitting on the porch, degutting the racoon and Rick with a clean shaven face.

"Wow, baby face Rick." Madelyn chuckled as she climbed the stairs of the porch.

"You look great, too." Rick said, making Daryl look up. She really did look great now that she was cleaned up and had clean clothes on.

"Why don't you shower, D? You're filthy." Madelyn said but Daryl just shrugged. Everyone was in Rick's house. They wanted to stay together for a while, just to be cautious. Nobody felt comfortable being split up into different houses just yet.

"The houses are next to each other but..." Carol said.

"They took our weapons and now they're splitting us up." Rick said.

"Yeah." Daryl said.

"We'll all be staying in the same house tonight." Rick said.

"I guess that's the best idea." Madelyn said.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

It was nightfall and the entire group was staying in Rick's house for the night. Madelyn smiled as she sniffed the fresh sheets. She could get used to this. Michonne grinned as she came into the living room after just coming out of the bathroom. "How long was I in there for?" Michonne asked.

"Twenty minutes." Rick said.

"I could not stop brushing." Michonne said, still holding her toothbrush before looking at Rick. "Huh, I've never seen your face like that."

"That's what I felt before and after." Rick said. There was a knock on the door, making everyone look up. Rick answered the door and saw it was Deanna.

"Wow." She said, referring to Rick's clean shaven face. "I didn't know what was under there. I didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling in." Deanna looked inside and saw everyone in the living room with sheets on the ground. "Staying together. Smart."

"No-one said we couldn't." Rick said.

"You said you're a family. That's what you said." Deanna said. "Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that."

"Everybody said you gave them jobs." Rick said.

"Yeah, part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all." Deanna said.

"You haven't given me one." Rick said.

"I have one for you. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in on Sasha and I'm trying to figure Mr Dixon out. Anyways, I should be going." Deanna said before leaving.

" Deanna said before leaving