𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 - 𝙳𝙸𝙰𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙳 𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"Morning." Dale said to Glenn as he came around with a crate of peaches for the group to enjoy.

"Morning." Glenn said, very clearly avoiding eye contact.

"Ooh, peaches." Madelyn said before taking two out of the crate. One for her and one for Daryl.

"What's up?" T-Dog said to Glenn.

"What? Nothing. Nothing's up. Why?" Glenn asked nervously, making everyone look at him confused.

"Glenn, he's just greeting you." Madelyn said.

"Oh, okay, bye." Glenn said before quickly walking away.

"Huh, weird." Madelyn said to Dale and T-Dog before going over to the tent where Daryl was. He was bored and wanted a book to read. "Here is your book and I grabbed a peach for you."

"Thanks." Daryl said, taking a bite out of the peach before opening the book. "What, no pictures?"

"Are you a child?" Madelyn joked.

"You telling me you read books without pictures?" Daryl asked.

"Of course." Madelyn said with a small laugh. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." Daryl sighed, resting the book on his stomach.

"You know Andrea feels terrible." Madelyn said.

"I know. I already spoke to her. She was protecting the camp, that's all." Daryl said.

"And here I was thinking you'd hold a massive grudge against her. I know you have a thing about people holding a gun against you." Madelyn said.

"Yeah, she better pray I'm dead if she shoots me again." Daryl said, making Madelyn laugh.

"Mads, I need to talk to you." Glenn said, poking his head through the tent.

"Okay, I'm coming." Madelyn said. "You rest up, D." Daryl nodded and Madelyn left the tent before approaching Glenn. "What's going on?"

"You know how I told you Lori is pregnant?" Glenn whispered.

"Yeah."

"Well, she won't let me tell Rick." Glenn said.

"That's her decision to make, Glenn. She'll tell him when she's ready." Madelyn said.

"There's more." Glenn said.

"God, what?" Madelyn asked.

"There are walkers in the barn." Glenn said quietly, making Madelyn's eyes widen in shock.

"There's what?" Madelyn asked, not really sure if she heard Glenn correctly.

"You heard me." Glenn said. "Maggie told me not to tell but I can't keep it in. I already told Dale. I trust you both. I just don't know what to do."

"We need the others to know. We're sleeping in our tents just a few feet away from a barn full of damn walkers." Madelyn whispered.

"God, why do I have to carry all these secrets on my shoulders?" Glenn sighed.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

𝙰 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It was a little while later into the day and everyone was busy. Glenn and Maggie had gone back into town. Rick and Shane were teaching Andrea, Beth, Jimmy and Patricia how to shoot and everyone else was still at the farm. Daryl and Madelyn were a little bit away from the farm. Daryl was teaching Madelyn how to shoot a crossbow.

"Okay, here is your 'X'." Daryl said, carving an 'X' in a tree trunk. "Try and hit that."

"Okay." Madelyn said, lining up the crossbow and pulling the trigger, making the arrow shoot out and land next to the 'X'. "Shit."

"Here. Let me help." Daryl said. He went up behind Madelyn, helping her line the crossbow up with the 'X'. Madelyn shivered slightly when she felt Daryl's front pressed behind her. They were standing very close together. She felt warm in his presence and it felt nice. Daryl adjusted Madelyn's hand on the crossbow and trigger and helped her pull it back, making the arrow land right in the middle of the 'X'.

"Yes!" Madelyn cheered.

"Good job. Now try on your own." Daryl said. Madelyn nodded and aimed the crossbow before pulling the trigger, the arrow landing on the 'X' again.

"I am so good at this." Madelyn boasted as Daryl smiled a little with pride.

"Yeah, right. Let's see how well you do this time." Daryl said, tying a piece of bark to a branch of the tree and pushing it so it swung. "Walkers don't stand still. They never do. They move. You'll have to shoot them when they're moving."

Daryl went behind Madelyn again and helped her aim the crossbow. They both pulled the trigger and didn't even realise that the arrow had hit the bark because they were both so overwhelmed with how close together they were.

Daryl's head was close to Madelyn's neck and he wanted nothing more than to kiss it. Madelyn didn't really know what she wanted. She liked how she felt in that moment, like she wanted Daryl to make a move but then, he stepped back. Madelyn had only recently lost her husband. Daryl wasn't going to do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. Madelyn probably didn't even like Daryl like that but he still wanted her. He still felt differently around her.

"It's getting dark. We'll carry on tomorrow." Daryl said. Madelyn nodded and looked over his shoulder, seeing a walker approaching.

"Looks like you've got another student." Madelyn said, making Daryl turn around to see a female walker. "I'm gonna head back to the farm."

Daryl watched as Madelyn left and quickly grabbed his crossbow before shooting the walker in the head, killing it. Daryl then went over to the walker and pulled something off its hand.

"I'm gonna marry you one day, Maddie. I'm gonna make you my wife." Daryl muttered, looking at the diamond ring he pulled off the walker that was now in his hand.

" Daryl muttered, looking at the diamond ring he pulled off the walker that was now in his hand