𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡 - 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇 - 𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙸𝙱𝙻𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝚃

𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It had been four months since Daryl, Madelyn and Aaron had brought Morgan back to Alexandria. It had been four months since Daryl told Madelyn he was going to put a baby in her. It had been four months since Madelyn had fallen pregnant.

The pregnancy had come as quite a surprise for Daryl and Madelyn. They had only tried once and that one time had succeeded. They were going to be parents and nobody was happier than the two. Everybody in Alexandria knew of Madelyn's pregnancy at this point. She couldn't exactly hide her stomach anymore. She was starting to show a little. However, being pregnant had its downsides. She hated the nausea, the tiredness. Madelyn knew what was still to come from when she was carrying LJ but it all still felt so new to her. Maybe because this time, she wasn't carrying Landon's child. She was carrying Daryl's.

Madelyn also didn't like that she was now confined to Alexandria. Daryl didn't want to risk Madelyn stepping outside of the walls whilst she was carrying their baby. He knew Madelyn was always tired and he didn't want her to go outside and get herself in a situation where she couldn't defend herself.

Madelyn smiled as she breathed in the fresh air. She was outside with Maggie. Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Miles and a few others had left Alexandria to redirect a rather large herd that was supposedly headed towards the community. Madelyn wasn't worried for Daryl. She knew he would be okay. She knew that he knew that he had a family to come home to. She knew Daryl would fight for that.

"What about these?" Madelyn asked Maggie, holding up a packet of seeds.

"I think those could work." Maggie said as Deanna approached them. "We got some panels to put up, but we don't have to wait to start growing things. There will be some sore backs and tired feet."

"That's how you know that you've been in a hard day's work." Madelyn said with a sympathetic smile. Deanna wasn't her usual, cheery self. She had lost her husband recently and that broke something inside her. Madelyn knew how she felt. The devastation she felt when she lost Landon, it was horrible.

Deanna said nothing. Maggie pulled a packet of seeds out and handed them to Deanna. "They found crates of these at a nursery just a few miles out." Maggie said. "Tomatoes, carrots, you name it. We can plant them right here."

"Just need to finish the expansion and the wall needs to go up." Madelyn said as she cradled her small baby bump. "Reg wanted this community to grow. You did, too. Has that changed?"

Deanna said nothing. "Everyone that's here is because of you. You need to show them you're still here." Maggie said before handing Deanna a shovel. She sighed and took it.

"You're not going to be digging, are you?" Deanna asked Madelyn.

"No, apparently I'm not allowed. I'm on watering duty." Madelyn said. Maggie and Deanna smiled before beginning to dig into the dirt. Madelyn was looking through the different seeds when the three women heard screaming.

"Richards? What's going on in there?!" Deanna asked the lookout on top of the wall. Makeshift fire bombs were being thrown at the walls, making all three women panic. Richards burned to death and Maggie and Madelyn quickly pulled their guns out.

"Mads, you should probably go inside. I'll take care of this." Maggie said.

"Don't be ridiculous. Something's wrong. I'm helping." Madelyn said.

"Okay, just be careful." Maggie said. They looked at the wall and saw a man climbing over to escape. They wouldn't have been able to shoot him so they all quickly ran. Maggie and Madelyn saw as people had climbed over the walls and were killing people left and right. These people had that same 'W' on their foreheads.

A man had caught Madelyn but she quickly turned around and shot him in the head, killing him as a truck crashed into the lookout tower and its horn started going off, worrying everyone. This horn was going to attract the very herd that the group outside were trying to redirect.

When Maggie, Deanna and Madelyn went to check the truck, the horn had stopped. Spencer, Deanna's son, had stopped it. "We have to go back inside." Maggie said.

"I can't go in there. I don't have a gun." Deanna said. "I don't know how to fight. If I go inside, I'll just be another person who's got to be saved. Best thing I can do for everyone in there is to stay out here."

"Spencer, keep her safe." Madelyn said.

"I will." Spencer said before she and Maggie went back inside to help. One by one, Maggie and Madelyn began killing as many of these 'W' people as they could.

Once most of them had been killed and a few escaped, the Alexandrians had a chance to breathe. There were dead people all over the streets, people that they knew, people that were innocent. A few people had turned and they had to kill them.

"This has gone off to a terrible start." Madelyn sighed.

" Madelyn sighed