𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎 - 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴 - 𝙶𝙾𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙳𝙾𝚆𝙽

It was a little while later and everyone was watching as Spencer and Negan were playing pool outside. Madelyn had no idea why Spencer was trying to be friendly with Negan but it was happening and everyone's curiosity got the better of them. Everyone watched.

"I could never do this to Rick." Negan said as Spencer set the balls on the table. "He would just be standing there, scowling, giving me that annoying side-eye he gives me."

"That's actually what I came to see you about." Spencer said. "I want to talk to you about Rick."

"All right. Talk to me, Spencer. Talk to me about Rick." Negan said as he started the game.

"I get what you're trying to do here, what you're trying to build. I'm not saying I agree with your methods, but I get it. You're building a network. You're making people contribute for the greater good. It makes sense but you should know that Rick Grimes has a history of not working well with others." Spencer said, making Madelyn roll her eyes. She didn't know what problem Spencer had with Rick. Rick was a fine leader and he kept people alive. He always tried and he never gave up.

"Is that so?" Negan asked.

"Rick wasn't the original leader here. My mom was. She was doing a really good job of it. Then she died, not long after Rick showed up, same with my brother, same with my dad." Spencer said, making Madelyn shake her head. Rick wasn't responsible for any of their deaths. In fact, he liked Deanna. Everyone did.

"So, everything was peachy here for, what, years?" Negan asked. "And then Rick shows up, and suddenly, you're an orphan? That is the saddest story I have ever heard. Good thing for you, he's not in charge anymore."

"Doesn't matter. His ego's out of control." Spencer said. "He'll find a way to screw things up, to try and do things his way, to take over. That's what he did with my mom. That's what he'll do again."

"What exactly are you proposing be done about that?" Negan asked.

"I was my mother's son. I can be the leader she was. That's what this place needs. That's what you need." Spencer said.

"So, I should put you in charge, that's what you're saying?" Negan asked.

"We'd be much better off." Spencer said.

"You know, I'm thinking, Spencer. I'm thinking how Rick threatened to kill me, how he clearly hates my guts. But he is out there right now, gathering shit for me to make sure I don't hurt the fine people that live here. He is swallowing his hate and getting shit done. That takes guts. And then there's you. The guy who waited for Rick to be gone so he could sneak over and talk to me to get me to do his dirty work so he could take Rick's place. So, I gotta ask, if you wanna take over, why not just kill Rick yourself and just take over?" Negan asked.