𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 - 𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 - 𝙿𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙰𝙺𝙴𝚂

𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

"I don't feel so good." Madelyn mumbled before coughing a little.

"I think you have a little cold, babe." Landon said as he felt her forehead which was a little warm. "Right, I'm going to call into work and tell them I can't go in."

"Hey, it's fine, Landon. It's a tiny little cold. I'll literally be fine by tomorrow." Madelyn said.

"Hey, you're my wife. Now remember, I said I'd take care of you in sickness and in health." Landon said, making Madelyn smile.

"You're so cheesy." She said.

"Now, what does my beautiful wife want for breakfast?" Landon asked.

"Hmm....maybe some pancakes." Madelyn asked with an innocent smile.

"Coming right up." Landon said.

"With syrup." Madelyn said. "Oooh, and strawberries and cream. Please."

"I got it." Landon chuckled, kissing Madelyn's forehead before leaving the room.

Madelyn was pulled out of her thoughts when she started coughing, her coughs only getting more and more violent and more blood spilling with each cough. Her coughs were getting bad and Madelyn could feel her chest start to close up, like she was going to start choking.

She struggled as she tried to get up from her bed, coughing as she tried to leave her cell and find Hershel. "Hershel!" She called out before coughing as more blood spilled from her mouth.

"Madelyn! Quick, come with me." Maggie said. She grabbed Madelyn and brought her upstairs where Glenn and Hershel were. Glenn was in a very similar state to Madelyn, choking on his own blood.

"Right, you both know how this works." Hershel said before he put some type of oxygen tube in Glenn's mouth as Maggie did the same with Madelyn. "Stay with us." Maggie and Hershel began pumping the oxygen and both Madelyn and Glenn finally relaxed.

Daryl and his group had finally made it back from their trip to the vet and had found all the medicines they needed to treat the people that were sick. Glenn, Sasha and Madelyn were given the medicines and were stable for the rest of the night.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

When Daryl got back, he was planning on going straight to cell block A to see if Madelyn was okay after taking the medicines when Hershel told him he should talk to Rick. "No, you're lying." Daryl said when Rick told him Carol killed Karen and David as well as attempting to kill Madelyn.

"Madelyn was the one that told me. She was weak, she was sick and Carol tried to kill her because of that. Carol said it was for us, to keep us safe. It was her. I left Carol behind, gave her some food, supplies, weapons." Rick said as Daryl put his hands to his face. Carol was a good friend of his and she tried to murder his girlfriend?

"Maddie, she okay? Carol didn't hurt her?" Daryl asked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing but all he needed was for Madelyn to be alive and well.

"Yeah, no injuries. Poor thing had to fight Carol off in that condition." Rick said. "She tried to kill one of our own, Daryl. Carol was dangerous so I had to let her go."

Daryl sighed. "No, I get it. I'm gonna go and talk to Maddie. See how she's doin'." Daryl left Rick and went down to cell block A where Madelyn was. He went over to her cell and saw her laying on the bed, her eyes closed. She definitely looked a lot better than before. Madelyn opened her eyes when she heard footsteps in her cell and smiled when she saw Daryl.

"Hey." She said softly before sitting up.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Daryl asked before kissing her forehead and moving her hair from her face.

"A lot better. I gotta tell you, I started getting worried when I began choking on my blood." Madelyn joked.

"I'm glad you're okay. I couldn't stop worrying." Daryl said. "Rick told me everything about Carol."

"Oh." Madelyn said, shifting in her seat slightly. She still couldn't believe Carol tried to kill her. This was Carol they were talking about.

"I'm sorry that happened to you and I wasn't even here to protect you." Daryl said, making Madelyn shake her head.

"No, this wasn't your fault. She did what she did willingly." Madelyn shrugged.

"You don't have to worry about her no more. Rick made her leave. Left her with food, supplies and weapons. You don't need to be scared no more." Daryl said.

"Wasn't there anything else we could do?" Madelyn asked, feeling a little bad for Carol.

"I really don't think so." Daryl said.

" Daryl said