𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 - 𝙶𝚁𝙰𝚃𝙴𝙵𝚄𝙻

When Rick and the group arrived in Atlanta, Miles led them all to the hospital where Beth was held. Rick had two of their cops as hostages. When they got inside, Rick looked through the glass of the door and saw Beth. Miles was telling the truth. Rick hadn't gotten the chance to properly meet Miles. That had to wait.

They walked through the door and was met by the other cops as well as Beth. She had stitches on her face. "They haven't been harmed." Rick said, referring to the two hostage cops.

"Where's Lamson?" One of the cops asked. She was a woman called Dawn.

"Rotters got him." One of the hostages said.

"We saw it go down." The other hostage said.

"Oh." Dawn said. "I'm sorry to hear that. He was one of the good guys. I want one of mine."

"No-"

"You have three people we want and we only got one that you want. We want one of ours first." Dawn said. Rick sighed and nodded and one of the hostages went to the other group. Rick then brought the other hostage and Dawn brought Beth over and they swapped. Rick then led Beth away.

"Glad we could work things out." Dawn said.

"Yeah." Rick said.

"Now, I just need Miles." Dawn said, making everyone stop. "And then you can leave."

"That wasn't part of the deal." Rick said.

"There is no way in hell I am leaving Miles here." Madelyn said. She just got her brother back. She wasn't leaving him behind with them.

"Miles was my ward. Beth took his place and I'm losing her, so I need him back." Dawn said. "My officers put their lives on the line to find him. One of them died."

"No, he ain't staying." Daryl said.

"I said Miles isn't going anywhere." Madelyn said.

"He's one of mine. You have no claim on him." Dawn said.

"He's my little brother." Madelyn said.

"He wants to stay with his sister, so you have no claim on him." Rick said.

"Well then, we don't have a deal." Dawn said.

"The deal is done." Rick said.

"Hey, it's okay." Miles said.

"No, no." Rick said. "You're Madelyn's brother. You're staying with us."

"I'm not losing you again, Miles." Madelyn said to him. "You're all I have left."

"Hey, if it means you guys get to keep Beth, it's okay." Miles said before hugging Madelyn.

"No, it's not okay." Beth said.

"It's settled." Dawn said as Miles began walking towards her.

"No." Madelyn cried as she held onto Daryl. Beth went over to Miles and hugged him.

"I knew you'd be back." Dawn said to Miles. Beth pulled away from Miles and went to Dawn.

"I get it now." Beth said, stabbing Dawn in the shoulder before Dawn pulled her gun out and shot Beth in the neck, killing her instantly. Everyone watched in shock as Beth fell to the ground. Madelyn leaned against the wall in shock as Daryl pulled a gun out and shot Dawn in the head, killing her instantly. Everyone else then pulled their guns out.

"No, fold your fire!" One of the officers said. "It's over. It was just about her. Stand down." All the officers stood down.

Daryl was in tears as he looked at Beth's body on the ground. Madelyn went over to him and hugged him tight as he tried to keep his tears in. As everyone tried to keep their tears in. "I...I'm so sorry. I feel like this is all my fault." Miles said. Rick shook his head.

"No, you lead us here. You helped us find Beth. You did nothing wrong." Rick said. "You're coming with us."

Madelyn pulled away from Daryl and went over to her brother before hugging him tight. Daryl picked up Beth's body and brought it outside where the rest of the group was. Maggie saw her sister's body and broke down into loud sobs as everyone else let a few tears fall.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

After burying Beth's body, everyone was on the move, heading out of the city. Maggie was mourning Beth and Glenn tried comforting her. Abraham was driving. The rest of the group were pretty much silent, still not believing that Beth was dead. Daryl was silent, his head resting on Madelyn's shoulder as he played with her fingers. He cared about Beth a lot and seeing her life come to an end like that, that really got to him. Madelyn couldn't believe it either. Beth was so young and so full of life and now, she was gone.

Miles was sat with Rick. "She was going to escape with me." Miles said. "We were going to try and find somewhere to stay, somewhere that wasn't that hospital. But she changed her mind at the last minute. I tried to convince her but she wouldn't have it so I left on my own."

"You looked after her. We're grateful for that." Rick said.

"And you looked after my sister. She told me how you met and how you helped her. I'm grateful for that." Miles said. "Is everything she told me true? The camp, the farm, the prison, Terminus?"

"Unfortunately, it is." Rick sighed. "We're trying to get to DC right now. One of our group members, Eugene knows about a cure."

"There's a cure?" Miles asked.

"Yes, there is." Rick said. "I need to ask though. How many walkers have you killed?"

"Um.....I'd say over a hundred. I think." Miles shrugged.

"How many people have you killed?" Rick asked.

Miles sighed. "One. One person." He replied.

"Why?" Rick asked.

"I had to end his suffering. I was escaping my dorm and saw my best friend trapped under the bleachers with walkers surrounding him. There was no getting out of that. He told me to shoot him....so I did." Miles explained.

" Miles explained