𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 - 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴

Whilst some of the group members went to see what was going on, everyone else went back to their rooms until the power turned off. Madelyn had no idea what on earth was going on but she could gather that whatever it was, it wasn't good.

"Why did the lights go off in our rooms?" Carol asked.

"What's going on? Why's everything turned off?" Daryl asked as Jenner walked down the hallway.

"Energy use is being prioritised." Jenner said.

"Air isn't a priority? And lights?" Dale asked as everyone followed Jenner.

"It's not up to me. Zone 5 is shutting itself down." Jenner said as the lights started going out.

"Hey! Hey, what the hell does that mean?" Daryl asked as everyone followed Jenner back into the big room but Jenner said nothing. "Hey, man. I'm talking to you. How can a building do anything?"

"You'd be surprised." Jenner said.

"Jenner, what's happening?" Rick asked as Madelyn began feeling a little nervous. Jenner was hiding something and Madelyn didn't like it.

"The system is dropping all the non-essential uses of power." Jenner said. "It's designed to keep the computers running to the last possible second. That started as we approached the half-hour mark. It was the French."

"What?" Madelyn asked, confused with everything that was going on.

"They were the last ones to hold out as far as I know." Jenner said. "While our people were bolting out the doors and committing suicide in the hallways, they stayed in the labs till the end. They thought they were close to a solution."

"What happened?" Jacqui asked.

"The same thing that's happening here." Jenner said. "No power grid. Ran out of juice. The world runs on fossil fuel. I mean, how stupid is that?"

"Right, everybody, get your stuff. We're getting out of here, now." Rick said. Everyone went to grab their things until a red alarm started blaring, making everyone stop.

"What's that?" Madelyn asked, now very worried.

"Thirty minutes to decontamination." Vi said as a timer loaded up on the big screen.

"Doc, what's going on here, damn it?!" Daryl yelled.

"Everybody, y'all heard Rick. Get your stuff and let's go!" Shane called out.

"Come on!" T-Dog said. As everyone went to leave, the doors locked shut.

"Did you just lock us in?" Glenn asked, pretty scared. "He just locked us in!"

"You son of a bitch! You locked us in here!" Daryl yelled, going to attack Jenner when Shane grabbed him.

"No, don't!" Shane yelled as Madelyn looked around for a way out.