𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 - 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 - 𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

It was the next morning for the Dixon family and Madelyn was snacking on a cereal bar when she noticed a record sitting on one of the shelves. She smiled and remembered they had a record player in their living room and she just had to play it. Daryl was still upstairs, getting ready for the day. He was putting his usual angel wing jacket on when he heard music coming from downstairs. He tilted his head in confusion and made his way downstairs where he saw his wife dancing and singing along to a record that was playing.

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met

Daryl smiled as he leaned against the door frame when Madelyn turned around and smiled. "We ain't never met during the night. It was during the day." Daryl said.

"Come and dance with me." Madelyn said as she came towards him but he backed away.

"Nah, I don't dance." Daryl said.

"Well, too bad. You're dancing today. We got married and never even had our first dance." Madelyn said as she took his hands in hers.

"I...uhh...I don't know how to dance." Daryl admitted as he looked down. No-one had ever taught him. Sure, he knew how to defend himself, how to hunt, how to take care of himself but when it came to dancing, that was a big no.

"It's easy. You place one hand here." Madelyn said, guiding one of his hands to her waist. "And the other hand stays in mine."

"What about my feet?" He asked.

"Just move them along with mine...like this." Madelyn said before moving her feet, making Daryl copy her. "Yeah, just like that."

When the night was full of terrors
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met

Daryl smiled as he started to get the hang of dancing with his wife and decided to twirl her, making her smile and laugh. Before the song could even finish, there was a knock on the front door, making Daryl quickly step back. He didn't need anyone else seeing him dance. That would be embarrassing and the relentless teasing would never stop. Madelyn laughed as Daryl quickly left the living room and went to the kitchen to get something to eat before they both left for work. Madelyn opened the door and saw Glenn.

"Hey, Glenn." Madelyn said.

"Hey, Mads. Just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing." Glenn said.