𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚝

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝚂𝚄𝙿𝙴𝚁 𝙷𝙾𝚃

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Madelyn was sat on the streets of Alexandria, watching the residents walking and talking. It had been a week since the Saviours had taken Daryl and it felt like the toughest week of Madelyn's life. Daryl was always on her mind. She prayed and prayed that Daryl was alive, that he was okay. She had twins on the way. There was no way she could raise them both on her own. She needed Daryl. She loved Daryl. Madelyn wished she could do something. If she could, she would do it in a heart beat.

After the Saviours had left the week before, Sasha took Maggie to Hilltop and Madelyn returned with everyone else back to Alexandria. That entire week, Madelyn mourned Glenn, her best friend who lost his life to Negan. She loved him so much. Glenn didn't deserve to die like that, to die without ever meeting his child.

It was a foreign feeling, not having Glenn or Daryl around. Madelyn couldn't even stay in her house without thinking of her husband so Miles took her into his house to stay. Miles wanted to support his sister as much as he possibly could. She was almost eight months pregnant. This was a sensitive time for Madelyn and she couldn't be going through all this stress.

"Are you okay?" Rick asked Madelyn. She looked terrible. Her skin was pale, her eyes were red from her tears, she had bags under her eyes from her lack of sleep. Madelyn couldn't sleep without Daryl next to her.

"Yeah, just missing Daryl." Madelyn said as Rick sat down next to her.

"I am so sorry, Madelyn." Rick said, taking her hand in his. "I wish I could do something about this. I really wish I could. If there was anything I could do to make things right, I would do it in a heartbeat but Negan-"

"No, I understand. I was there. I witnessed that entire horror show. We have no choice." Madelyn muttered.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, I know." Madelyn said before the sound of trucks and vehicles could be heard from outside the gate. Rick and Madelyn got up and went over to the gate where they saw Negan with his bat. There were a bunch of trucks behind him. Madelyn's heart skipped a beat when she saw Daryl standing next to Dwight. He looked terrible. He was filthy, he looked defeated. But at least Daryl was alive and Madelyn thanked god for that. Daryl's eyes met Madelyn's and his heart sank. She looked so broken, exhausted. He could tell she had been crying a lot and he cursed himself that he caused this mess. He wanted nothing more than to run over to her, hug her, shower her with love and kisses but Daryl couldn't. He had no choice.

"I missed you." Negan said to Rick before looking at Madelyn. "How are the babies doing? A little birdie told me that you're having twins. Man, I can't imagine how heavy it must be carrying two babies."

Madelyn said nothing. She didn't know what to say. "Hey, when I ask you a question, you answer me." Negan said.

"They...they're fine." Madelyn muttered, making Negan smile.

"You hear that, Daryl? Your babies are fine." Negan said to Daryl who was still looking at his wife. "Your wife sure is fine, too. Now, I was just telling Daryl on the ride over about how Dwight's ex wife, Sherry agreed to marry me to keep him alive. You, you would've definitely been another one of my wives if you weren't carrying those babies. You know why? Because all of my wives are super hot and you, you're super hot!"

Daryl clenched his hands into fists as he tried to contain his anger. Right now, he was glad that Madelyn was pregnant. God forbid she wasn't, Negan would've taken her for himself. Negan heard a walker growling as it approached and looked at Rick.

"Oh, Rick, come on out here. Watch this. Calling it!" Negan said before killing the walker with his bat and laughing. "Easy peasy lemon squeezy! All right, everybody. Let's get started. Big day. Hey, Rick, you see what I just did. That was some service. I mean, we almost got turned away at the gate." Negan said, referring to Spencer who didn't know Negan when he opened the gate. Rick spotted Daryl who was still looking at his wife. "Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit? Do I bash some ginger's dome in? No. I just take care of one of these dead pricks that could've killed one of y'all. Service." Negan said before bowing.

Madelyn looked at Rick who again, couldn't do anything. This was their life now. Negan ruling over all of them. "Hold this." Negan said to Rick, handing him his baseball bat before walking inside the gate. "Hot diggity dog! This place is magnificent!" Negan said as he looked around. "An embarrassment of riches, as they say. Yes, sir, I do believe you are gonna have plenty to offer up."

Rick turned to Daryl. "Daryl, hey-"

"No!" Negan said. "No, he's the help."

"Please, Negan. He's my husband. We just want one moment with him, please." Madelyn begged as Daryl looked away. He would do anything for even a second of alone time with his wife.

"Like I said, no. You don't look at him, you don't talk to him and I don't make you both chop anything off of him." Negan said to both Madelyn and Rick.

Madelyn looked away and wiped a tear as Rick comforted her when Negan turned around to look at Rosita. Daryl watched Rick and was glad he was still here to look after his wife. Miles wasn't in Alexandria at that moment. He was out with a group, scavenging for food and supplies.

"Same goes for everyone, right?" Negan asked Rosita who was also looking at Daryl. She looked at Negan and just walked away, making Negan smirk. "Whew, a lot of suspense there. I don't think she even knew how much." Negan said to Rick. "Alright, let's get this show on the road. See what kind of goodies you got in the cupboard."

"We put aside half the supplies." Rick said.

"No, Rick." Negan said. "No. You don't decide what we take. I do. Arat."

"You heard the man. Move out!" Arat said to the Saviours and they all went off to take whatever they wanted.

"They're just gonna search the houses a bit, keep the process movin'." Negan said. "Are you both gonna show me around or not?"

Rick said nothing. Madelyn said nothing.

"Well?" Negan asked.

"I'll do it myself. Madelyn, she'll get tired." Rick said.

"Madelyn! That's the name." Negan said, looking at Daryl who looked up at him. "A super hot name for a super hot wife!"

Daryl looked away again, not being able to say anything. "Damn, I really am missing out." Negan said as he looked at Madelyn. "Like I said, I want both of you to show me around so...show me around."

"Hey, it's fine. I'll be fine." Madelyn said to Rick and she only wished that those words would come true.

" Madelyn said to Rick and she only wished that those words would come true