𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 - 𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚂 𝚃𝙾

A part of the herd had come towards Alexandria and Maggie opened the gate when they saw only Rick and Michonne rushing inside. "Oh my god, are you okay? Where's Daryl?" Madelyn asked Rick.

"I'm fine. Daryl's leading the rest of the herd away. He's fine. How's the baby?" Rick asked in a panic.

"Baby's good. I'm good." Madelyn said.

"Thank god." Rick said, hugging her as they heard the herd pounding against the walls. Maggie and Madelyn then caught Rick up with everything that had happened and Rick turned to face the group. "You can hear it. Some of you saw it. They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us twenty deep. Look, I know you're scared.  You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this but we're safe for now. The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall's gonna hold together. Can you? The others...they're gonna be back."

"They're gonna be back." Rosita assured.

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others. And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through the front gate after. They know what they're doing, and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. Pull our blinds at night. Even better, keep the lights out. We try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on." Rick said.

"This place is a graveyard." An Alexandrian said.

"Hey, you need to trust Rick." Madelyn said.

"The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this way." Aaron said. "All of them. The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening. He got half of them away. I was out there recruiting with Daryl and Madelyn. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl and Madelyn wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wanted and we wound up in a trap set by those people. And I lost my pack."

"Aaron..." Madelyn said.

"No, I need to stay this. They must have followed our tracks. Those people who attacked us, they found their way back because of me." Aaron said.

Deanna just walked away. Madelyn went over to Aaron. "Hey, it's okay. You made a mistake. You're human."

"They could've hurt you, hurt your baby and it would've been on me." Aaron said.

"But they didn't. We're completely fine. Don't blame yourself. We will all fix this together." Madelyn said, making Aaron nod.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

After a little while, Maggie wanted to search for Glenn so Aaron and Madelyn decided to accompany her. They were underground and had reached a little gate. Maggie figured Glenn would be nearby. When they looked outside, they saw the herd. "We're still too close." Maggie said.

"We just have to get through a few of them, then we're gone." Aaron said.

"No, we can't." Maggie said.

"You and Madelyn can stay. I'll go." Aaron said.

"Are you sure about that?" Madelyn asked.

"No." Maggie said to Aaron. "It's over. I burned his last picture of him because I said I wasn't gonna need it anymore because I was never gonna be away from him again."

Maggie began tearing up and Madelyn comforted her as much as she could. "I'm pregnant." She said, making both Aaron and Madelyn look at her in shock.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." Madelyn said before hugging her.

"Like Daryl said to you, Mads, he didn't want me to go out there and I said yes." Maggie said. "And if I would've gone...if I was with him, maybe I could've helped. I don't know if he's alive. He would have shown me by now. That's what Michonne said. I just want to see his face. I can't. I don't get to know what will happen. I don't get to know why it happened, what I did right or wrong. Not now. I have to live with that."

Madelyn and Aaron both hugged her tight. "I know Glenn's alive, Maggie. I know it." Madelyn said. "And when he gets back, I'm gonna beat his ass for not telling me you're pregnant. He's gonna come back. He has to."

"