𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙵 𝙾𝙵 𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝚈𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶

When the group had finally arrived, they got out of the RV and looked at the big walls in front of them. "That's us. That's the Hilltop." Jesus said. Jesus led everyone to the front gate where they had people on watch call out to them.

"Stop right there." A man said. They were holding spears. Everyone raised their guns.

"You gonna make us?" Daryl asked.

"Jesus, what the hell is this?" The other man asked.

"Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt and we got two pregnant women with us." Jesus said before turning to the group. "Sorry about this, guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing."

"They give up their weapons, then we'll open the gates." Cal said.

"Why don't you come down here and get 'em?" Daryl asked.

"Gentlemen, look, we vouch for these people, all right?" Harlon said. "They saved us out there."

"Lower the spears." Jesus said.

"Look, I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy, Gregory to come out here." Rick told Jesus.

"No, don't you see what just happened? I'm letting you keep your guns." Jesus said. "We ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people. I trust you. Trust us."

Rick sighed and told everyone to lower their weapons. He had to trust Jesus. His people had no ammo. They wouldn't hurt them. "Open the gates, Cal." Jesus said and the gates opened before everyone walked inside. There were trailers and livestock and crops growing. It was a real community.

"Hey, come and see me whenever. I'm over there in the medical trailer, okay?" Harlon said to Glenn, Maggie, Daryl and Madelyn. They all nodded and continued walking and having a look around.

"There was a materials yard for a power company nearby." Jesus said. "That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them."

"How do people find out about this place?" Michonne asked.

"That's called Barrington House." Jesus said, pointing to a rather large building in the middle of Hilltop. "The family that owned it gave it to the state in the thirties. The state turned it into a living history museum."

"I think I visited this place once with my family." Madelyn said.

"Every elementary school for fifty miles used to come here for field trips. Families too, like Madelyn said. The place was running a long time before the modern world built up around it. I guess people came here because they figured it'd keep running after the modern world broke down." Jesus said. "Those windows up there let us see for miles in every direction. It's perfect for security. Come on, I'll show you inside."