𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 - 𝚂𝙷𝙴'𝙻𝙻 𝙱𝙴𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂

Whilst Rick was talking to Madelyn, Daryl was working on a car that the group could take to get the antibiotics. He was working as fast as he possibly could. Madelyn was sick and this flu was killing people in a mere twenty four hours. He couldn't allow Madelyn to die like this. He wouldn't.

Whilst Daryl worked on the car, Michonne approached him. "Hey, you doing okay?" Michonne asked.

"Yeah." Daryl said.

"I mean, you're not panicking, are you?" Michonne asked. "Because panicking and being too hasty will get you killed."

"I'm not panicking. Maddie's strong. She'll beat this. She has to." Daryl said.

"Well, that's good to hear. So, it's just gonna be you and me?" Michonne asked.

"And Bob. Still, feels like we could use another person." Daryl said.

"Who else isn't sick?" Michonne asked.

"We don't ask Rick. He wants to stay here with Carl, little Ass-Kicker. Keep them safe." Daryl said. "Plus, there's plenty of stuff he could do here."

"So, who else we got?" Michonne asked.

"We need someone who's as determined as us to get these meds. Only one person comes to mind." Daryl said.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Daryl went down to cell block A where he saw Tyreese looking through the glass, probably to keep an eye out for Sasha, who had also caught the flu. "Oh, here you are. Took me damn near forever to find you." Daryl said, grabbing Tyreese's attention. "Whatcha doing?"

"Somebody needs to stand watch." Tyreese said.

"Man, I wanna find them too." Daryl said. "Put a bolt in them for what they did. They killed Karen and David, most likely because of the illness. I don't want them coming back for Maddie. These people are cut off. Ain't no way anyone getting in and out without a whole bunch of people seeing 'em."

"Sasha's in there. I ain't going nowhere." Tyreese said.

"And Madelyn's in there." Daryl said. "Standing guard ain't gonna do no good unless we come back with them meds. Meds your sister needs to survive, meds my girlfriend needs to survive."

Tyreese said nothing and turned his back to Daryl. "All right, we're gassing up by the front gate in case you change your mind." Daryl said before leaving. Tyreese thought about it for a while before going to join Daryl and his group.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Madelyn was still in her cell. Her symptoms were getting worse. She had started coughing up blood and Madelyn knew that was a bad sign. But she had faith in Daryl. She knew he would come back with those antibiotics. There was hope. There was a chance.

"Hey...Madelyn." Madelyn heard, making her look up and see a very sweaty Sasha.

"Hey." Madelyn said softly as Sasha came inside.

"How are you..h-holding up?" Sasha asked.

"Probably as bad as...you." Madelyn said before coughing.

"Never thought a flu would be the thing to kill me in the middle of an apocalypse." Sasha said before coughing.

"Literally what I said." Madelyn said before they saw Glenn come into Madelyn's cell, also coughing. "Glenn, you g-got the flu?"

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." Glenn said before coughing. Hershel then came into the cell.

"Hershel, what are you doing here?" Sasha asked.

"You could get exposed." Madelyn said.

"I came to give you three some herbal tea. My wife used to make it whenever we got the flu and it cleared it right up. Thought maybe it would help you." Hershel said.

"That's very kind of you, Hershel." Sasha said before Hershel gave the three of them his herbal tea.

"This sucks. After everything, we get taken out by a glorified cold." Glenn said.

"Literally what Sasha and I said." Madelyn said with a weak smile.

"Don't say things like that. None of you should even think things like that." Hershel said.

"That's easier said than done." Sasha sighed before coughing again.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Rick sighed as he watched Carol carry a bucket to fetch some water. After talking to Madelyn, he checked out the 'crime scene' to see if he could find any clues as to who killed Karen and David. Everything pointed to Carol. Rick was disappointed. He never believed Carol would carry out an act like that and he had to confront her about it.

"That was a stupid thing you did." Rick said to Carol, making her stop walking and turn around.

"What?" Carol asked.

"You know, you do a lot for us, for the kids." Rick said. "You sacrifice a lot. Is there anything you wouldn't do for the people here?"

"No." Carol said.

"Did you kill Karen and David? Did you attempt to kill Madelyn?" Rick asked, hoping and praying that Carol would say no.

"Yes." Carol said, making Rick's heart sink. Madelyn was telling the truth. Carol killed Karen and David and even attempted to kill Madelyn, one of their own, the girlfriend of one of her good friends, the sister figure to Rick.

Rick had to do something. He just didn't know what.

 He just didn't know what