𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 - 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚗

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 - 𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

It was the next day and Daryl and Madelyn were on their way to the city in Atlanta. Daryl had picked up a tip that suggested that Beth may be there so they both decided they were going to go together. They knew this because Beth had taken one of the cars at the prison and it was spotted in the city.

"Where do you think Beth will even be?" Madelyn asked as Daryl drove into the city. It was quite dark so they were going to have to spend the night somewhere. "The city was quite dead those first two weeks I was there. I didn't find any place that suggested there were other survivors."

"Might be some place abandoned. If it's a group, we'll take them out and do what we gotta do to get her back." Daryl said.

"I think I know a safe place we could stay." Madelyn said. When they got to their destination, Madelyn sighed as she looked up at the building. It was her old office building where she used to work. Daryl and Madelyn got their weapons out and swept through the floor they were going to stay on. The same floor that Madelyn worked on. When it was seen as safe, Madelyn spotted her old desk and went towards it. The office was a mess. There were splats of blood everywhere.

When Madelyn got to her desk, she found a framed photo of her and Landon. She picked it up and ran her thumb over Landon's picture. "Thank you for giving me such a great life, Landon. I'll never forget you." She muttered as Daryl approached her and saw the picture.

"That's Landon?" He asked.

"Yep, that's him." Madelyn said before placing the picture back on her desk. She looked through the different drawers to see if she could find anything useful but it was mostly a bunch of pens and paper. Then she found something else. "Oh my god." She said as she pulled it out. It was a picture of her ultrasound of LJ. "My baby. I...I thought I lost this."

"Do you wanna keep it?" Daryl asked as he held her to comfort her. Seeing a picture of your dead child, Daryl couldn't imagine how that felt.

"No, I can't hold onto things. I'll always love Landon and LJ but I've moved on. They're at peace and that's enough for me." Madelyn said before taking the framed picture of Landon and herself, opening it up and tucking the ultrasound picture behind the one in the frame. Madelyn looked around some more and saw the exact place where Landon had died. She could still see the stain of his pool of blood and that shook her to her core. She shook her head and had another look around. "There's a room with a few cots. We had them as a joke."

"A joke?" Daryl asked as Madelyn led the way.

"Yeah, my boss would get kicked out of his house by his wife a lot so he bought a few beds to have in the office in case it happened to anyone else and they didn't have anywhere to go. He was a nice guy." Madelyn said. They opened the door and saw a few cots in the room so they went inside and settled down. "I hope Beth is okay."

"So do I." Daryl said as the pair lay down on the bed together, turning to their sides so they could face each other. Daryl lifted his hand and brushed Madelyn's hair from her face. "I can't believe you're all mine. Mrs Dixon."

"Mrs Dixon? I like that." Madelyn said. "A lot better than Miss Hilton."

"That your maiden name?" Daryl asked.

"Yep, I was Madelyn Hilton until I married Landon and became Madelyn Pierre. I think Madelyn Dixon is my favourite." Madelyn said with a soft smile before giving him a small kiss.

"You know, we never got to enjoy our wedding night last night." Daryl said.

"So, what are you suggesting?" Madelyn asked, knowing full well what he was suggesting.

"I'm suggesting that I'm going to give you the greatest night of your life." Daryl said, climbing on top of her and making her squeal.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

The next morning, the pair were up bright and early so they could get as much time searching for Beth as possible. Before leaving the building however, Madelyn led Daryl to her boss' office in hopes of finding anything useful.

"Wow, cot in the office?" Daryl asked as he looked at a cot tucked away in the corner of the office.

"Yeah, I told you. He used to get kicked out by his wife a lot." Madelyn said with a small laugh. "I knew we'd find something."

Madelyn found a water tank filled with fresh water so Daryl and his wife filled up all their water bottles to the brim. Who knew when they'd find fresh water next time?

"Look at this view." Daryl said as he looked out of the window. The buildings looked pretty much destroyed but they were still standing. The city had gone into a panic when the outbreak first happened and everything was going all over the place. The military and National Guard were bombing the city up. "Any idea where Beth could be?"

"Well, that right there used to be a hospital. Those other buildings were other company buildings. Beth could really be anywhere." Madelyn said as she looked outside. "I guess we'll just have to keep searching."

"I bet this cost your boss a lot of money." Daryl said, looking at a painting on the wall.

"Yeah, he was pretty proud of that purchase." Madelyn said.

"It looks like a dog sat in some paint and wiped its ass all over the place." Daryl said, making Madelyn laugh.

"You're ridiculous." Madelyn said. "Come on, we'll lose daylight if we sit here all day."

Daryl and Madelyn grabbed their things and left the office building, walking down the streets of the city. Luckily, there were no walkers about, just abandoned vehicles. "Oh my god, that was my favourite pizza spot." Madelyn said, looking over at an abandoned pizza store. "My brother and I would get pizza from there every weekend."

"Every weekend? And people used to call me fat." Daryl teased.

"Stop." Madelyn laughed. "We loved it. We'd have one every Sunday with the whole family and-" Madelyn was cut off when walkers started appearing from the other streets and quite a few of them too.

"Shit." Daryl mumbled, pulling his crossbow out. Madelyn pulled her crossbow out and together, the two began shooting the walkers. More appeared in groups of ten and there were too many for Madelyn and Daryl to take on. "Maddie, we need to go."

Madelyn didn't say anything. She was frozen in her spot.

"Madelyn, we need to go!" Daryl said as more walkers appeared. Daryl didn't understand. There were walkers everywhere. What was Madelyn looking at? "Maddie, what are you looking at?"

"Landon."