𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝚃𝙾𝙿 𝙾𝙵 𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙻𝙸𝚂𝚃

𝙰 𝙵𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It had been a few days later and Tyreese had died after being bitten by a walker. He was bitten on his arm so the group tried amputating it off to save his life but unfortunately, it was too late. Tyreese's death had taken a toll on the group. That was the second death of their group in just a few days. It was a scary time. The group were still on the road, looking for a safe place to stay. They were starving, exhausted, dirty and they had no idea what to do. Everyone was looking for food. That was the main priority right now.

Madelyn sighed as she sat on the ground with her knees brought to her chest. She had scoped a large area of the woods for some food but all she found were two or three berries. They didn't help with her hunger at all. Daryl approached her and held out a few worms he had dug out from the ground. "No, don't you dare eat those." Madelyn said.

"They're for you." Daryl said.

"I'm not eating worms." Madelyn said as she shook her head.

"Well, you may not have a choice." Daryl said.

"I can live without it." Madelyn said, making Daryl sigh and throw the worms away.

"Come on, we have to keep moving." Daryl said. He helped Madelyn up and the group began walking down the road again. It didn't help that it was very hot and sunny out.

"Rick, we find to find food. I don't think the group can hold out for much longer." Madelyn said as she walked alongside Daryl and Rick who was holding Judith.

"We will. It's gonna rain sooner or later. Hopefully cool us down." Rick said.

"I'm gonna head out. See what I can find." Daryl said.

"Do you need any help?" Madelyn asked.

"Nah, I got it. You're tired and hungry. I don't want you to waste any energy." Daryl said to his wife.

"It's really no trouble." Madelyn said.

"I got it, Maddie. You stay with the group." Daryl said.

"Okay." She sighed. Daryl kissed her forehead and went off into the woods to look for some food.

"Is it me or has Daryl been acting different ever since Atlanta?" Rick asked Madelyn.

"He has. Losing Beth got to him more than I thought. I know he cared about her a lot." Madelyn said. "I've been trying to get him to talk to me but you know what he's like."

"Yeah, I get it." Rick said as Miles approached the two.

"Rick, there are walkers behind us." He said, making Rick turn around and see a few walkers following them.