𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚝

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝙸 𝙲𝙰𝙽 𝙳𝙾 𝙸𝚃

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Madelyn asked as she looked at her husband all dressed in camouflage.

"I really do." Landon nodded. "Joining the army is something I have dreamed of ever since I was a kid. Now, I finally have the chance."

"But what if you get hurt?" Madelyn asked.

"I'll be careful. You are my strength and with you, nothing can hurt me." Landon said, making Madelyn smile. Landon was adorable sometimes. "I need you to make me a promise though."

"What kind of promise?" Madelyn asked.

"I want you to promise me that if I do get myself killed-"

"Landon." Madelyn frowned.

"Please, just listen." Landon said. "If I die out there, I want you to find someone new. Some nice man that'll look after you like a queen."

"Landon, I can't make a promise like that." Madelyn said.

"You have to." Landon said. "I just need to know that if, god forbid, something happened to me that you would be taken care of."

"You know I would never forget you." Madelyn said. "I'll always love you."

"I'll always love you too but please, promise me." Landon said, making Madelyn sigh.

"Okay, I promise."

"Madelyn?" She heard, pulling her out of her thoughts. It was Daryl. He found her sitting in her cell, staring at Landon's wedding ring in her hand. He didn't know how he felt about that but he knew Madelyn cared for Landon very much. He was sure Landon wouldn't leave Madelyn as quickly as he did.

"Oh, hey." Madelyn said before quickly putting her chain back on.

"Rick wanted to talk to us." Daryl said.

"Oh, okay." Madelyn said before getting up and following Daryl.

"So, you were missing Landon?" Daryl asked as they walked together.

"What? Oh, I don't know. I was just thinking of something he said. Something that he wanted for me." Madelyn said, looking at Daryl and seeing that he wanted to ask what Landon said. "He said that if something ever happened to him, he would want me to find another man that would make me happy and treat me right."

"Oh." Daryl said, looking down. "I'm sorry that I couldn't-"

"Hey, shush. You were amazing to me. You still are amazing to me. Don't forget that." Madelyn said, making Daryl nod as they approached Rick and Hershel in the courtyard.