𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 - 𝙵𝙰𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚄𝙽𝙲𝙻𝙴

𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It had been over two months since the group had visited the Hilltop and made the deal with Gregory to kill the Saviours so they could trade. Madelyn was about seven and a half months pregnant at this point with her twins. She still couldn't believe she was having a son and a daughter. She couldn't feel more blessed. Daryl was also treating her like a queen, bringing back home whatever comforts his wife and two children may need. He had been gathering a lot of baby stuff, including food, clothes, diapers, formula. Madelyn and Daryl were ready. They were ready for these babies to come. They had even thought of names for their son and daughter.

DJ (Daryl Junior) for their son and Erin for their daughter.

Everything was just perfect. The only thing standing in their way was the Saviours. Rick had gathered the community in the church to talk to them about the deal with the Hilltop. Everyone was sat facing Rick. Madelyn sat in between her husband and her brother.

"Maggie hammered out a deal. We can work with the Hilltop." Rick said to everyone. "We're getting food, eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These Saviours, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, and Abraham on the road. Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They would have killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. We have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

Everyone looked around and noticed as Morgan stood up to talk to Rick. "You sure we can do it?" Morgan asked. "We can beat them?"

"What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us-yes, I'm sure." Rick told Morgan.

"Then all we have to do is just tell them that." Morgan said.

"Well, they don't compromise." Rick said.

"This isn't a compromise. It's a choice you give them. A way out." Morgan said. Madelyn noticed how Morgan didn't want to kill the Saviours. She remembered something he said when they first met, when Daryl asked why he saved them. Morgan said because all life is precious. She knew that was all Morgan was thinking about right now.

"We talk to the Saviours, we give up our advantage, our safety." Rick said. "No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive."

"Where there's life, there's possibility." Morgan said.

"Of them hitting us." Rick said.

"We're not trapped in this." Morgan said. "None of you are trapped in this."

Madelyn sighed. She had to agree that Morgan had a point. This wasn't exactly Alexandria's fight. It was the Hilltop's. If Alexandria got involved, who knew what would happen?

"Morgan, they always come back." Rick said. "Morgan wants to talk to them first. I think that would be a mistake, but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people on guard now, too but who else wants to approach the Saviours, talk to them first?"

"What happened here, we won't let that happen again." Aaron said as he stood up. "I won't."

"Looks like it's settled. We know exactly what this is. We don't shy from it. We live. We kill them all." Rick said. "We don't all have to kill. But if people are gonna stay here, they do have to accept it."

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

It had gotten dark and Daryl and Madelyn were back in their house. Miles was also hanging out with them. Daryl was polishing his crossbow as Madelyn snacked on a cracker. "You think it's a good idea?" Madelyn asked her husband and brother. "Attacking the Saviours, killing them all?"

"We don't have any other choice." Daryl said.

"Rick said the Saviours ran into Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham. He could be right in saying that they could find out about this place." Miles pointed out. "We have to protect it. You're pregnant with my niece and nephew. You need a safe place to live. It won't be safe if the Saviours take control of Alexandria."

"I know but....it doesn't feel right. This isn't our fight. This is the Hilltop's fight. We don't know much about these Saviours, about this Negan guy. Hell, we knew more about the Governor and Woodbury but they still managed to destroy the prison." Madelyn said.

"Like Miles said, if these assholes take control of Alexandria, this will no longer be a safe place to raise the twins. That's why we decided to try for a baby in the first place, because this place is safe." Daryl said, making Madelyn sigh. She knew he was right about that.

"I guess you're right. But please, be careful. I want my kids' father and uncle to still be alive at the end of this." Madelyn said.

" Madelyn said