𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 - 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 - 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙺 𝚈𝙾𝚄

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚂𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"Why, Rick? Why would you risk your life for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?" Shane asked Rick as everyone watched.

"Hey, choose your words more carefully." Daryl said to Shane.

"No, I did. Douche bag's what I meant." Shane said.

"I suddenly like Shane a lot more." Madelyn whispered to Glenn, making him roll his eyes in amusement. It may had only been a day since Madelyn met Glenn but she really did like him. He was definitely best friend material. Glenn like Madelyn too. He was glad he decided to save her and Rick's life after all.

"Merle Dixon. The guy wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst." Shane said.

"What he would or wouldn't do doesn't interest me." Rick said. "I can't let a man die of thirst, me. Thirst and exposure. We left him like an animal caught in a trap. That's no way for anything to die, let alone a human being."

"So, you and Daryl? That's your big plan?" Lori asked before Rick turned to look at Glenn, making him sigh.

"Oh, come on." Glenn sighed.

"You know the way. You've been there before, in and out, no problem. You said so yourself." Rick said. "It's not fair of me to ask, I know that, but I'd feel a lot better with you along."

"That's just great. Now, you're gonna risk three men, huh?" Shane asked.

"Four." T-Dog said, making Daryl scoff.

"My day just keeps getting better and better, don't it?" Daryl asked sarcastically as he cleaned his arrows.

"Yeah, you see anybody else here stepping up to save your brother's cracker ass?" T-Dog asked.

"Why you?" Daryl asked.

"You wouldn't even begin to understand." T-Dog said. "You don't speak my language."

"That's four." Rick said.

"It's not just four. You're putting every single one of us at risk." Shane said to Rick. "Just know that, Rick. You saw that walker. It was here. It was in camp. They're moving out of the cities. They come back, we need every able body we got. We need them here. We need them to protect camp."

"It seems to me what you really need most here are more guns." Rick said.

"The guns." Glenn said, looking at Madelyn, making her eyes widen.

"The guns." Madelyn said.

"Wait, what guns?" Shane asked.

"Six shotguns, two high powered rifles, over a dozen handguns." Rick said. "I cleaned out the cage back at the station before I left. I dropped the bag in Atlanta when Madelyn and I got swarmed. Madelyn, you saw that bag."