𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝚈

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

After a good night's rest, it was time to clear out the rest of the walkers in the prison yard. This would ensure the groups safety and security.

"Ready?" Hershel asked. Rick unlocked the gate and opened it before Daryl, Madelyn, Glenn, T-Dog and Maggie all went inside to the kill the walkers. Rick was also with them. The group stayed close together to be safer. Maggie, Glenn, T-Dog and Rick were using knives and Daryl and Madelyn were using their arrows to kill the walkers. The rest of the group were making as much noise as they could to distract the walkers from the group clearing the yard.

Once the yard was cleared, everyone started to make their way back until Rick stopped them. "Stop." He said.

"What? It looks secure." Glenn said.

"Not from the look of that courtyard over there." Daryl said. "And that's a civilian."

"So, the interior could be overrun from walkers from outside the prison." Madelyn said.

"So, if there's walls down, then what are we gonna do?" Glenn asked. "We can't rebuild this whole place."

"We can't risk a blind spot." Rick said. "We have to push in."

Everyone followed Rick to the door that led inside the prison and crept in quietly. It was quite dark so the group stayed together. There was trash all over the floor but nothing too bad. Rick crept up to the watch tower and found a dead guard who seemed to have been shot in the head. He also found a set of keys that unlocked the cell block. The cell doors were all open and there were a few dead prisoners on the ground.

Rick and Daryl went to check upstairs whilst everyone else checked the downstairs. Madelyn was close to the stairs when she felt a hand grab her arm and a growl. She turned around and found herself face to face with a walker.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, getting everyone's attention, including Daryl. This walker was a pretty big guy which meant it had a strong grip. Madelyn tried to free her arm as everyone tried to help her. Daryl heard Madelyn's cries and quickly ran downstairs in a panic.

"Madelyn!" He exclaimed, getting his crossbow ready. Madelyn growled and grabbed an arrow that was attached to her crossbow and after much struggling, she managed to push it into the walker's brain, killing it. She gasped as she stepped back, breathing heavily.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Maggie asked.

"I'm fine." Madelyn panted.

"Are you bit? You better not be bit." Daryl said in a panic as he ran over to her and checked her arms.