𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 - 𝙶𝙾𝙾𝙳 𝙶𝚄𝚈𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙱𝙰𝙳 𝙶𝚄𝚈𝚂

When they got back to Alexandria, Daryl fulfilled his promise to Madelyn and finally showered. He had his own condition though. He would only shower if Madelyn joined him and, well, how could she say no? After showering and changing, the couple left for the party. They looked inside Deanna's house from the street and saw everyone gathered in the living room. Madelyn looked at Daryl who was also looking before he looked away.

"Hey, we don't have to go if you don't want to." Madelyn said, making him look at her.

"If you wanna go-"

"Nah, it's probably boring anyways. I was never one for fancy parties." Madelyn said.

"Didn't you grow up in the city?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah, but my parents didn't want Miles and I becoming spoiled brats by attending fancy brunches and stuff like that. Thank god." Madelyn said, making Daryl smile slightly. "Why don't we go home? We can enjoy each other's company."

"Home. Never thought we'd find a place to call that." Daryl said.

"Maybe we've finally found it." Madelyn said as she took his hand. "Come on."

Daryl nodded and the couple began walking down the road back to their house when Aaron came out of his house. "Daryl, Madelyn." He called out, making them both stop and look at him,

"Hey, we thought you were going to that party?" Madelyn asked.

"Oh, I was never going to go because of Eric's ankle, thank god." Aaron said.

"Why did you tell us to go, then?" Daryl asked.

"I said try. You did." Aaron said. "It's the thought that counts thing. Why don't you come in and have some dinner? Double date sort of thing. It's some pretty serious spaghetti."

Madelyn looked at Daryl as Aaron went inside. "What do you say? You wanna join them?" She asked.

Daryl sighed. "How could I say no to spaghetti?" He asked, making Madelyn smile and kiss his cheek before they both went into Aaron's house, hand in hand.

"Hey, Eric." Madelyn said when she saw him sat at the table.

"Hi. Madelyn and Daryl, right?" Eric asked as they sat down and Aaron placed two plates of spaghetti for them on the table.

"Yeah." Daryl said.

"Thanks." Madelyn said to Aaron before looking at Eric. "How's your ankle doing?"

"It's recovering well enough. Glad we had an excuse to skip Deanna's party." Eric said as everyone watched Daryl wolf down his food. He hadn't eaten much since he still wasn't that comfortable with the new living situation. Daryl preferred eating the food that he hunted but he hadn't found much within the last couple of days. Madelyn tried to get him to eat more but Daryl was stubborn.

"Thanks." Daryl said after shoving a big forkful in his mouth.

"Oh, when you're out there, if you happen to come across a store or something, Mrs Neudermayer is really looking for a pasta maker." Eric said to Daryl. "And we're all really trying to get her to shut up about it."

Aaron looked at Eric awkwardly before looking at Madelyn who just smiled in amusement as Eric kept talking. "I mean, we have crates of dried pasta in here, but she wants to make her own or something. I really think she just wants something to talk about, so...." Eric drifted off. "If either of you see one out on your travels, it would go a long way to...." Eric looked at Aaron who gave him a look to just stop talking and he did. "I thought it was done. You didn't ask them already?" Eric asked Aaron.

"Ask us what?" Madelyn asked. Aaron got up from the table.

"Follow me." He said. He led Daryl and Madelyn to his garage where there were a whole bunch of motor vehicle parts laying around. "When I got the place, it was that frame and some parts and equipment." Aaron said as Daryl looked around and Madelyn stayed next to Aaron. She didn't know much about motorcycles. "Whoever lived here built them."

"It's a lot of parts for one bike." Daryl said.

"Whenever I came across any parts out there, I brought them back here." Aaron said. "I didn't know what I'd need. I always thought I'd learn how to do it, but I get the feeling you already know what to do with it. The thing is, you're going to need a bike. I figure you and Madelyn would be able to ride together."

"Why?" Madelyn asked.

"I talked to Deanna and told her not to give Daryl a job and also told her to leave you to me." Aaron said to Madelyn. "I think I have one for the both of you, if you'll take it. I'd like you both to be Alexandria's other recruiters. I don't want Eric risking his life anymore."

"You want my wife risking hers?" Daryl asked.

"I only ask of her too because she knows what she's doing. Same as you, Daryl." Aaron said. "Daryl, you're good out there but you don't belong out there. I know it's hard getting used to people getting used to you. I understand that right now you need to be out there sometimes. So do I."

"I know he really appreciates it, Aaron." Madelyn said when Daryl said nothing. "But why me?"

"You're good out there, too. You're a good shot. Plus, the main reason is because you both know the difference between good guys and bad guys." Aaron said. "Madelyn, I remember in the barn when Rick treated me like I was the enemy, you just talked to me like I was a normal guy, like you knew I was a good guy. You knew as soon as you, Sasha and Maggie brought me into that barn. I think you have good instinct. I know that Daryl does too."

Daryl looked up at Aaron, making it blatantly obvious that he was trying to hide a smile. "I got nothing else to do." He said, making Madelyn roll her eyes.

"I think what my dear husband is trying to say is, he'd love to. I'd love to, as well." Madelyn said.

"Thanks." Daryl muttered, making Aaron smile and nod. "I'll get you some rabbits."

Aaron laughed. "You should consider yourself lucky." Madelyn smiled.

"Trust me, I do." Aaron chuckled.

After saying goodbye to Aaron and Eric, Madelyn and Daryl headed off back to their house. "You seem a lot happier now." Madelyn said as Daryl held onto her hand and swung their arms back and forth.

"You wanted me to give this place a chance. You said I could fit in. You were right, baby." Daryl said.

"Well, I'm glad." Madelyn smiled.

" Madelyn smiled