𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚍

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙳

𝙰 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Once everyone had filled up on dinner, Jenner took the group upstairs where everyone could freshen up. It had been a while since anyone had had a clean set of clothes on after a nice shower.

"Most of the facility has been powered down including housing, so you'll have to make so here." Jenner said. "The couches are comfortable, but there are cots in storage if you like. There's a rec room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in the video games, okay? Or anything that draws power."

Carl and Sophia nodded. "The same applies if you shower, go easy on the hot water.

"Did he just say hot water?" Glenn asked with a huge smile on his face.

"I think he did." Madelyn grinned.

"Yeah he did." T-Dog said.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

After a nice shower, Madelyn changed into some comfy pajamas and went to explore the rec room a little. There she saw Carol with Sophia and Carl.

"Hey, you guys having fun?" Madelyn asked.

"Plenty. But it's time for bed, kids." Carol said as Sophia and Carl got up. "You know, this might be the first night we get a good night's sleep."

"Who would have thought?" Madelyn said, making Carol smile before she left with the kids. Madelyn continued looking at the books on the shelf when she heard the door open, making her quickly turn around to see Daryl.

"Oh, I thought the room was empty." Daryl said, about to leave when Madelyn stopped him.

"No, it's okay." Madelyn said. Although Daryl felt like he should leave, he didn't want to. He liked Madelyn. She was actually a decent person. She was kind to him unlike most of the other group members. Her hair was still a little damp from her shower which, in Daryl's opinion, made her look very pretty, not saying she wasn't pretty but she looked even prettier.

Daryl nodded and closed the door before walking inside. "I noticed you wear a wedding ring." Daryl said, making Madelyn put the book in her hand down and look at Daryl.

"Yeah, I...I used to be married." Madelyn said before sitting on the couch next to Daryl.

"What happened?" Daryl said, making Madelyn grin slightly.

"You are just straight up about everything, aren't you?" Madelyn chuckled.

"Ain't nobody got time to beat around the bush." Daryl shrugged, making Madelyn nod.