𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 - 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 - 𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝙼𝙴

Three more men came out of the shadows, all with guns, worrying Madelyn. This was not supposed to happen. "You screwed up." The man said to Rick, all the guns pointed at them. "Today is the day of reckoning, sir. Restitution. A balancing of the whole damn universe. Shit, and I was thinking of turning in for the night on New Year's Eve."

The man laughed and Madelyn looked at all the men with their guns up. What did they even want? "Now, who's gonna count down the ball dropping with me, huh?" The man asked. "Ten Mississippi, nine Mississippi, eight Mississippi-"

"Joe!" The group heard and Madelyn's heart skipped a beat. She knew that voice anywhere. It couldn't be.

It was. It was Daryl.

He had stepped out of the woods and saw Joe's group holding guns to Rick, Michonne and Madelyn. "Daryl." Madelyn whispered, trying to keep her tears in. She didn't know if she was glad to see that he was still alive or pissed that he had seemed to join this new group who were trying to kill them. Rick and Michonne felt the same way.

"Hold up." Daryl said.

"You're stopping me on eight, Daryl." Joe said as Daryl slowly approached the three.

"Just hold up." Daryl said, his eyes not leaving Madelyn. He was so glad she was still alive.

"This was the guy that killed Lou so we got nothing to talk about." Another man said.

"The thing about nowadays is we got nothing but time." Joe said. "Say your piece, Daryl."

"These people, you're gonna let 'em go." Daryl said. "These are good people."

"Now, I think Lou would disagree with you on that." Joe said. "I'll, of course, have to speak for him and all, 'cause your friend here strangled him in a bathroom."

Madelyn looked at Rick in confusion. This clearly happened before Madelyn joined him and she was guessing before Michonne joined him too. "You want blood. I get it." Daryl said before putting down his crossbow and stretching his arms open. "Take it from me, man."

"No." Madelyn whispered as a tear fell down her cheek. She thought she lost Daryl once and she wasn't about to lose him for real.

"Come on." Daryl said.

"This man killed our friend." Joe said. "You say he's good people. See now, that right there...is a lie. It's a lie!"

Joe's men began beating Daryl up. "No!" Madelyn and Rick cried out as they beat Daryl up but they couldn't move because they still had a gun to their heads.

"Teach him, fellas. Teach him all the way." Joe said.

"No, Joe. Please, don't!" Madelyn begged. "Kill me. You wanna kill someone? Kill me! Just leave Daryl, please!"