Chapter 2 : One Playful Man

"Hey! Stop running, you jerk!" A guy wearing a police uniform shouted as he chase after a pickpocket. "I said stop running, you punk!"

"Catch me if you can, you loser!" The snatcher talked back.

The police officer took his gun out and aimed at the culprit with an evil grin. "Okay, fine. Let's see if you can outrun my precious bullet." He smirked.

The guy he was chasing turned into at scared cat from being proud earlier. He slowed down his pace and dropped the expensive bag he snatched away from a lady. He put his hands behind his head and kneeled.

"Please, don't shoot! Please, don't shoot! I was just kidding." He begged as if he's gonna pee his pants already.

The officer smirked and slowly walked towards the pickpocket wearing his playful grin while his gun is still pointed to the guy.

"Why don't you continue running instead of asking me not to shoot, you bastard?" He asked. The guy just lowered his head and didn't speak. "Tss. How boring." The officer mumbled.

"Officer Chad!" Another officer came running towards him, panting heavily.

"I got him, handcuff this fucker and take him to the station." He commanded returning his gun to it's place. "Oh. Take the victim with you too for some statement and for filing." He added before walking away.

"Wait! Are you not gonna help me here, Officer Chad?" Asked his colleague but he just waved his hand.

"You're old enough. You can do that alone. Don't let that jerk escape or you're dead." He shouted.

"But...Hey! Devius Chad!" He heard him called his name but he chose not to mind it.

He just place his hands inside his pockets and walked away with a smile. This guy is Police Officer Devius Chad and he's a twenty-eight years old police officer if you are curious. He's been in service for six years and he can be considered as one of the most accomplished person in his field even if other calls him a playful man. That's because he often jokes even if he is being scolded for leaving his colleagues behind after catching a criminal. But even with his personality, he never take any form of crime as a joke. He's really good at his job and he never failed.

He walked inside a nearby restaurant and wave to a beautiful lady who's been waiting for him. She's wearing a simple red off-shoulder dress which is above the knee long and showing her flawless shoulder, paired with a black heel sandals. He smiled at her as he step forward.

"How's my little princess doing?" He immediately caressed her hair as soon as he got near.

"Brother, don't do that. You're embarrassing me." The pretty girl pouted, he just smiled.

"Daena Chad, are you saying that your brother is embarrassing?" He acted sulking but he can't resist his sister's pretty face so he then smiled again. "You're lucky to have gotten your face from me, what do you want to eat?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just want a dessert, I'm not hungry, Won." She answered with a smile.

He called the waiter and ordered before facing his sister again. "How's your study been? Your midterm exam is on the following day, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but I reviewed everything and I'm confident since I'm smart like you." She's really beautiful every time she smiles, it's as if the sun would be ashamed of how bright it is.

She has a porcelain white skin and a natural red lips. Her hair is also very shiny and her two deep dimples on her cheeks makes her more gorgeous. The guys inside the restaurant are envious thinking that they were a couple while the girls are envious about Daena's beauty and also having a crush at Devius. They are siblings but Devius is eight years older than Daena. Both of their parents are good looking as their mother used to be a well known actress but no one knows aside from them. Their father was a former policeman turned businessman. Both possesses a God-like beauty.

"You've been asking a lot about me, brother. Why don't you say something about you too? I heard you've been very playful at your station." Daena shifted the topic to her brother.

Devius just shrugged. "Nothing interesting. Just chasing criminals, catching them and sending them to prison because they deserved it. Just like that, it's a piece of cake when I'm with my baby." He said talking about his gun.

"Oh. But, does everyone who're behind bars deserved their places?" She asked out of curiosity.

Devius shook his head. "No." He simply answered.

"Why is that? Weren't everyone in prison criminals?" She asked again.

Officer Chad just smiled. His sister is really innocent about some things even if she's already in her twenties.

"No, princess. Not everyone in prison deserved to be there. Not everyone who are behind bars are sinners or criminals. And not all criminals chose to be one." Daena just looked at her brother constantly talking while she listens and eat her dessert. "Some commits crime to protect themselves or their families. Some are accused falsely and other just chose to be in prison because they have no where else to go." He explained to which his sister nodded.

"Oh. You're good at explaining, Vius." She praised him.

"Of course, I'm your brother." He chuckled.

"Hmm. I should get going now. I just went here because I missed you and I wanted to see you." Daena got up after glancing at her watch.

"Alright. Break a leg on your exam, my beautiful sister." Devius gave her a flying kiss to which she just jokingly act disgusted but return it to her brother before walking out.

Officer Devius Chad just stayed there for a couple of minute before leaving the payment on the table and heading back to his station. When he finally arrived, everyone is busy with their businesses so he just went to his table and begun with his work too. There are no assignment given to them aside from the one he had already accomplished earlier so he just read some of the files in his computer.

When he can't find anything interesting he stood up and was about to walk away when one of his colleagues and also his friend, Isaac Chase, spoke to him.

"Officer Chad, do you want to go to a party tonight?" He asked.

"What kind of party is that, Officer Chase?" He asked back.

The officer took out something in his pocket, an invitation card. "Some club will open tonight and they're having a party and it's all free as a form of advertisment."

Officer Devius Chad stared at the invitation card before facing the other officer. "He who refuses free things won't be blessed. I'm going, Isaac." He winked.

"Tss. Just say yes, no need to give me your cringe sayings." Officer Chase joked.

"I'm your best friend so you have to accept me as I am. Haven't you been used to me?" He laughed.

Officer Chase shook his head and smiled. "Then, let's go together later. See yah, Devius."

"See yah!"

After waving at each other, both men returned to their places and did whatever they have to do. Officer Chad went home first to get change before meeting with his friend.