Chapter 17 : Beneath The Dense Forest

They were busy driving on the way back when Officer Chad received a text message from Chief Simon saying they must go to a forest near the area where they talked to the strange man earlier. After reading the message, he glanced at Detective Lee.

"We have to go back." He said.

Cameron looked at him, confused. "Why?"

"Chief Simon texted me saying we have to check on some forest near the area of that strange man." He showed him the message.

"Huh? How did she know that we already went to the second witness' address?" He asked.

"I don't know but we should check the forest, maybe we could find something there." Devius suggested.

Detective Lee immediately took a U-turn back to the area. They are not so familiar with the place but they got to the forest's entrance without any problems. After parking their car, they both went out and stared at the trees. Tall grasses and humongous trees are everywhere. The wind blew at their direction and Cameron felt a familiar chill. He did his best to shove it off but the feeling won't go away. He looked around and just sighed, thinking he was being distracted because he really doesn't like forests for he has some unpleasant memories in there.

"Are you sure it's the place that Chief is talking about?" Cameron asked Devius who's also busy looking around.

"Hmm. I'm sure, it's the address written on her message also, it's the only forest near this area." He responded.

Cameron nodded and sighed. "Then let's go and check it out so we could go back before dark." He stated.

They both started walking. Not long after, Officer Chad received a text message from Chief Simon again saying a witness told them that a house was located in that forest where they believe is that where the culprit has been hiding.

"Detective Lee, look at this." Devius showed the message to Cameron.

"Who's this witness she's talking about? It seems like he knows a lot." Cameron said out of curiosity.

Officer Chad shrugged. "I don't know, should I call chief?"

"No, nevermind." Detective Lee shook his head. "But, a house in the middle of a dense forest?" They both looked at each other.

"Do you think the culprit is really here?" Devius asked.

"I don't know." He simply responded. "Let's just look for it."

They then started walking again when but not long after, Cameron's phone started vibrating, indicating that someone is calling. He saw an unfamiliar number flashed on the screen and answered it.

"Cameron-hyung!" He heard Seuk Tae's cheerful voice.

"Hyung?"

"Uh, am I not allowed to call you that?" Seuk Tae's voice became sad.

[Hyung means older brother in korean.]

He shook his head and said, "No, it's alright but I'm at work right now, Seuk Tae. This is very important. Did something happen?"