Chapter 82 : The Betrayal

Detective Lee felt his heart sinking just by looking at Red's painful and vengeful eyes. He's body went cold as drops of cold sweat started to form on his forehead. Red didn't say anything but he could feel his heart thumping really hard that he could hear it in his ears. Red's words scares him so much. The man didn't say anything but his expression made Cameron nervous. He doesn't like how Red's lips were curved into an evil grin.

"What do you mean? What are you planning to do?" Detective Lee asked as he swallowed hard.

Red went silent and then slowly, a bigger crazy, devilish smirk curved on his lips. Detective Lee furrowed his brows as he clenched his fists from nervousness. Worried that Red might be planning something bad against his partner whom he hasn't found yet. He's scared for Officer Chad's safety.

"What? Do you realized how fearful it is just by thinking that someone very important to you will die?" Red asked.

"Red, it's me who had wronged you and Lee Han Se. Don't drag Devius in here. I beg you." Cameron's voice became very inferior.

Red smiled. "I like you begging but it won't change the fact that my dear brother had already died because of you."

"Red-"

"If we haven't met you. If only you never existed... Han Se might still be alive and with me to this moment. Wr might have built our dream happy family."

"I never meant for everything to happen-"

"Yes! You never meant for the fire to start, you never meant for Han Se to sacrifice his life so you could live but when you didn't even look back? That, you chose to do that."

Cameron couldn't answer because he knew he did. The fear in his heart made him unable to look back at that place before. The thought that he could finally escape of the nightmarish place made him want to forget how it looked like. He doesn't want to ever look back even if he knew that someone could still be there. Even if he doesn't remember it clearly, he knew he never looked back.

On the other hand, Officer Devius Chad and Ju Jin Su or Kairo Sedis Parker are standing face to face. They're both listening to what is happening outside but still observant with each other. After an utter silent, Devius sighed deeply. He wanted to say a lot of things but he doesn't know where to start. The fact that one of the person he trust, Detective Kairo Sedis Parker, is standing in front of him and is on coalition with the culprit, Red, just made everything so confusing yet so unbelievable for him. He daw Detective Parker as someone very just and someone who will always choose to do what is right.

"Detective Parker, is it worth everything? Red's revenge, it won't change anything, wouldn't it?" He spoke. "What is the purpose of all this if it will only hurt both of them even more?"

Ju Jin Su took a deep breath and shook his head. "The purpose of revenge is to hurt the people who hurt you but as for Red, it wasn't that. He's taking revenge because he wanted some answers. He wanted to know why everything happened." He said in a long litany.

"I don't understand. If saving Cai is the reason why the real Lee Han Se died, why would Red want to kill him?"

"He's not going to kill him, Devius. Hyeol will never hurt Cameron because he's the only person that makes Hyeol want to live. Cameron is only reason why Hyeol still remembers the real Lee Han Se."

"I'm very confused right now."

"I told you. He just wanted some answers."

Officer Chad couldn't clearly understand what Ju Jin Su had said. If Red doesn't want to hurt Detective Lee, then what is his revenge for? If he just wanted to ask some questions. If he just wanted to know the reason behind everything, why would he waste other people's lives? Why did he choose to kill instead of just asking him?