Chapter 64 : Back

Detective Lee went home to check if Officer Chad was already there but everything was as quiet as a deserted island when he opened the door. Even the lights are off. He doesn't usually leave work when he's not done with the paper works but this time, he didn't mind even he left his unfinished task. All he wanted to do was make sure that Devius is safe and that nothing bad happened to him. He checked the bathroom, even the closet but he didn't find his partner. Cameron hurriedly went back downstairs and to the car but he didn't get in.

He was pacing back and forth around the car, feeling anxious, as he still couldn't contact the officer no matter how many times he called him. He tried calling Daena but she was busy with her studies so her brother is probably not with her at the moment.

"Damn it, Chad! Where are you?" He anxiously bit his lower lips.

His hands are cold and sweaty. He never felt this worried before. His heart was pounding rapidly. Cameron leaned on the car as he anxiously brushed his hair.

"Cam, you came back earlier than usual. Are you not supposed to be at the headquarters?" Detective Parker's voice made him turn to the door.

"Parker? Why are you here? You're supposed to be resting in the hospital, aren't you? Your wound's not healed yet." He furrowed his brows.

The detective shrugged his shoulder and walked towards his colleague. "I just got discharged this morning, I didn't call you anymore because I know you and Officer Chad are busy and I don't want to bother you juts to pick me up." Detective Parker explained. "...I went to the headquarters just now but they said you left early so I came here." He added.

"I couldn't stay at the headquarters, I'm worried about that annoying guy-Devius Chad, he wasn't here and he's not answering my calls. He didn't go to the headquarters either." Detective Lee said with a really deep, worried sigh.

"What do you mean? Are you telling me that Officer Chad is missing?" Detective Parker asked in confusion.

Cameron shook his head. "I don't know. I was hoping he's fine but I can't help myself from worrying that he might be in danger."

"Do you think someone took him? But he's a good fighter, isn't he? He's not an easy guy." Kairo crossed his arms.

"You're a good fighter too but you were stabbed." Detective Lee said, trying hard not to sound sarcastic.

"Try calling him again, see if he'll pick up." He suggested, Cameron did as he was told.

He took out his phone and reluctantly dialed his partner's phone number. He was worried of two things; the phone not being answered and the call being picked up. He took a deep breath and swallowed hard as he slowly reach his hand and place the phone in his ear. Few moments later, it was still ringing. When he was about to give up and decided that the officer will not answer the phone just like from the previous calls, he heard a beeping sound indicating that the call has been picked up.

"Devius Wayne Chad! Where are you? Why won't you answer my phone calls? I was dead worried about you!? Hurry up and come back here!" He asked consecutively but when he was expecting Officer Chad's voice to apologise, he heard a very familiar chuckle.

"Wow! How sweet. Too bad, he couldn't hear it because he's in a deep, deep sleep." Hearing Red's voice from the other line made Cameron's heart race in panicked.

"You? Why do you have Devius' phone? What did you do to him? Where is he!?" He exclaimed, feeling angry and worried at the same time.

"Shush... Don't worry, he's still alive-for now. I didn't plan to kill him yet." Red said in a teasing tone.

Detective Kairo Sedis Parker stood beside Detective Lee. He was silently but carefully listening to whatever they are talking about.

"If you ever touch him, I'll hunt you even if you run to hell, I swear, Red. If you lay a finger on him, I killed a thousand folds!" He threatened but only heard a laugh on the other line as a response.