Chapter 84 : The Confession

Back at the abandoned building, Officer Devius Wayne Chad went to help Harry lean on the wall when he finally regained his consciousness. Turned out, the special bullet had sleeping serum in it so it made Harry faint to look like it was because he lose blood from being shot. While Ju Jin Su was kneeling on the floor, staring at nothing.

Ju Jin Su he felt an avalanche of guilt inside his heart. He couldn't forget the look that Red gave him the moment he realized that it was him who shot Red. The words he uttered saying that he never loaded his gun with real bullets. Knowing that it was him who did trust Red even if he kept saying that he does. He couldn't accept the fact that he used the gun that Red gifted him to shot the man.

"Detective Parker, are you alright?" Devius asked.

Ju Jin Su shook his head. "I shot him, officer. I betrayed him. I disappointed Hyeol." He muttered.

"But I should thank you for saving our lives." Devius said, trying to make him feel better.

Ju Jin Su shook his head again "I saved no one, instead I hurt the only person who I should really have protected." He mumbled, guilt is visible in his voice.

"What do you mean?" Officer Chad wrinkled his forehead.

Ju Jin Su looked at him and sighed deeply. "I shouldn't have shot him. I know he was never gonna hurt you and Detective Lee but I was a fool and didn't trust him much. He never planted a bomb because the Red button was a toy. He never loaded his gun with real bullets, firing it wouldn't kill nor heart anyone." A drop of tear escaped from his eyes and he immediately lowered his head.

"Detective Parker..."

"He only needed me to trust him, I knew it. He was never gonna hurt you nor anyone but how can I be such a jerk and lose my trust? I deserved the bullet I fired at him." He said in a very desperate voice.

"I don't understand. What do you mean he was never gonna hurt anyone? He already killed several people because of the foolish reasons he gave me." Officer Devius Chad asked in confusion.

Ju Jin Su shook his head and started sobbing. Devius immediately went to console him but it was no used. Ju Jin Su couldn't stop sobbing as he shook his head harshly. He clutched his fists very tight that his knuckles turned white. Devius couldn't understand what's happening.

"It wasn't him... It wasn't him, Officer Chad... It wasn't Hyeol..." He repeatedly said while shaking his head.

Officer Chad looked at him with a lot of confusion. He knew he heard Red confessed to all the crimes he had committed. But now, Ju Jin Su was telling him that Red harmed no one. That he didn't kill anyone. That he would never hurt anyone. Everything just don't feel understandable. Nothing is making a sense for him. There's no point.

"I don't understand, Detective Parker. I understand nothing at all." He said, feeling like his head is going to explode.

"It was me, Devius... I had always been me..."

"W-What?"

"I...I did it." Ju Jin Su mumbled. "I killed those people. I did it all. I am the one who took those bastards lives because they deserves to die."

Devius furrowed his brows. "What are you talked to about?"

"Hyeol didn't do anything. Yes, he hurt them but he always left them alive. I am the one who ended their lives and Hyeol knows that. He just wanted to claim it everything in order to save me but what did I repay him for? I fucking shoot him!" He grabbed his hair and sobbed.

"W-What? I'm very confused, Detective Parker. What are you indulging?" Officer Chad couldn't believe what he just heard. "You killed those people? Are you saying that you are the Killer Caller?"